How do I delete an account name in One Step Update

I am trying to delete an account name in the One Step Update summary window. Is there a procedure to do this, and what is the prodedure?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Don Schaffer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Are you trying to remove an account from downloads in this case? It seems like what we're trying to do here. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once you've done this you should not see the account pop up anymore during a one step update. Let us know if this helps you out or if you're looking for something else!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I open the "Schedule updates" window in One Step Update. The accounts I WANT to have there are all checked to be updated and work fine.

I have an erroneous (unwanted name) listed there,i.e. "(bank name) Credit Card - (my ID)" . This is actually a savings account that gets updated under one of the other account names, therefore it is not needed in the list.

The selection box for this unwanted account name is UNCHECKED so it is not highlighted for inclusion in the update.

My goal is simply to remove ONLY this line item (not the account) from the One Step Update dialog window because it is not a legitimate account at the bank.

In short, I want to edit the dialog box and delete this line item from it.

I have tried de-activating the account, resetting the account, and finally deleting the account and re-activating the account in Quicken but I cannot remove this name from the update box.

I hope this explains my situation.
  • Quicken Francisco

@Don Schaffer

Thanks for the update. That is interesting. I'm wondering if that connection might be on a different account or maybe we might need to deactivate all of them at once then try to activate them again. I believe you may have tried this already though so I would double check to see if we're able to find an account that may not be deactivated in the hidden account list.  You can find them by going across the top to tools > manage hidden accounts. 

Once you get a chance let us know if you're able to find anything different that might be creating the extra line. If not we'll see what we can find next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• n my One Step Update dialog box where I check a box for each account I want to update, there is a line item named "Mid-Atlantic FCU Credit Card".

I don't have an account with that name anymore, and I cannot find that account name anywhere else in Quicken, so I can't use any reset/deactivate functions. I looked at all account names, hidden accounts and "other" accounts. That name is nowhere to be found.

It only exists in the Update Schedule boxes. I simply want to delete that account name from Quicken. A simple edit function would do it if one was available for OSUpdate function.

I just now found that I had mistakenly entered "Mid-Atlantic FCU Credit Card" as the "financial Institution name" in a couple of my accounts, so I changed those to show the correct Financial Insititution name, but it didn't help. The name still shows in the OSU box. I just want to remove the name completely.

I hope this makes sense
  • Francisco, After I posted the above reply, I went back to Quicken and discovered that it was gone from the dialog box. I guess Quicken is just slow updating itself. Thanks for your interest and your assistance. I think we have a fix. :)
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Don Schaffer

Glad to hear you were able to find the issue and fix it. If it does pop up again let us know and we can take another look at fixing it!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.