PNC Again: Error CC-505

Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
Win 10  QD 2020  R31.20  27.1.31.20
I have 5 PNC accounts. All give me a cc-505 error. We went through this a few months ago. At that time it took about a month before this was fixed. Is this the same problem?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For the record, here's more information about Error CC-505 and what to do to resolve it:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-505

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Web Connect is the process where YOU login to the financial institution's website and manually download the .QFX file and then subsequently import it into Quicken.
    One Step Update (OSU) uses either Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.
    Getting a CC-501 error implies an EWC connection and contacting Quicken Support is your best option for help.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I had connection to my virtual wallet at PNC up until a few days ago. So did PNC change something or did Quicken?
    There is an outstanding Express Web Connect alert announcement on PNC:  PNC Bank Returns CC-505/105 Error

Answers

• dbaratz925
    dbaratz925 Member
    I'm having the same issue. It's very frustrating to constantly have to fix Quickens errors. I'm not sure if I should change banks or cancel Quicken to correct the problem. So far, Quicken has been non-responsive while PNC tried to help. Unfortunately, the problem is solely on Quickens end!!
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    It's not Quicken, it's PNC. I can't connect Quicken [Removed] so it is a PNC issue.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    jfclague

Do you mean you "can't" connect Quicken, [Removed]

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    jfclague

Do you mean you "can't" connect Quicken [Removed]

Correct
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    PNC started working again this evening.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update on PNC. It's working for me too.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Stop working again this evening. UGGHH
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Can't log on to any of my PNC accounts this morning 3/14.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is experiencing problems with any Banks, use your Browser to log into your Bank and see if they are problems with the Bank, before blaming Quicken.

Logged into PNC Bank last night, via Web Browser and could not see the Transactions. Today, I can see the transactions.

When in doubt, check your Bank's Website via your Web Browser of choice.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For the record, here's more information about Error CC-505 and what to do to resolve it:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-505

• TSO-22
    TSO-22 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Stopped working 3 days ago.
    Deactivated and reactivated all accounts Friday. Got PNC to work again, but only for2 days. Stopped again today.
    Not able to download transactions, resetting account does not work,. CC-505 error code given
    Details:
    Financial institution: PNC Bank - Web Connect
    Connection Methods: Express Web Connect
    Windows 10, 64 bit
    Quicken premier 2020, version R31.20, build 27.1.31.20
  • lgquick
    lgquick Member ✭✭
    This started again two days ago for me as well; I had the problem a few months ago also.
  • Mike Casillas
    Mike Casillas Member ✭✭
    I've got the same issue for PNC Bank. CC-505 error last few days. Unable to update.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, worked a little this weekend but again it is out.
  • kangod
    kangod Member ✭✭
    Can't get any of my web accounts to update. Keep getting the CC-505 error. Getting frustrated that this isn't getting resolved.
  • moxiegm
    moxiegm Member ✭✭
    I was receiving the 501 and other errors for PNC. PNC changed their quicken login procedures (no notice from my perspective) recently. You won't believe what you see if you deactivate and reactivate to do the new setup. The requirement now is for SSN as an ID and an exactly 4-digit password. This is I contacted PNC "Quicken direct connect" support and they have elevated the issue but in the mean time the change is a HUGE security issue as far as I'm concerned. I received a callback from someone at the executive level who was going to reach out to their IT staff as the individual agreed with me but my guess it is set in stone. While I was waiting for a new bank generated pin code for quicken ONLY (website is unaffected as the quicken access now uses a separate login id and password) the web-connect option for downloading goes through the motions but no transactions have been passed to my account in Quicken. This appears to be a PNC side issue, not a Quicken Issue although I am stunned that Quicken passed through the banks new ID and password requirements which are a serious throwback in time for security and privacy.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was finally able to get PNC to work.

I tried reseting connection with no success so I tried adding a new PNC acct. and relinking. It finally works!!
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Stopped working again for me this morning. UGHHH
  • I've had the error for several days now.
  • lgquick
    lgquick Member ✭✭
    Over the weekend there had been a non-505 error; now it just goes through the motions but doesn't download anything at all nor provide any kind of error.
  • JJK
    JJK Member
    Every time I do the one step update it says the update is complete but it never downloads my PNC info. This has been going on for some time. What is going on?

Thanks
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still have the same problem this morning. 505 errors on all accounts. This happened a few months ago and it took a month to resolve it.
  • jreniche1
    jreniche1 Member ✭✭
    Same here. I reported this multiple times and I'm starting to feel abandoned by Quicken. Starting to think it's time to abandon Quicken.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    3/18/2021 still getting c-505 errors for PNC.

• ddmcam330
    ddmcam330 Member ✭✭
    Anyone else having issues updating PNC Bank account via web connect? Since yesterday, 9/10/2021, I started getting prompted for 2FA when performing a One-Step update when the process hit's my PNC bank accounts. Can't get thru it and download my transactions. Getting error CC-501. Tried deactivating/re-activating my PNC Bank accounts, no luck. Tried deactivating, re-adding my PNC bank account, no luck.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Having an issue this morning connecting to web connect (direct connect is working for me)
  • ddmcam330
    ddmcam330 Member ✭✭
    running Quicken Deluxe for Windows PC, version R35.31, build 27.1.35.31
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Web Connect is the process where YOU login to the financial institution's website and manually download the .QFX file and then subsequently import it into Quicken.
    One Step Update (OSU) uses either Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.
    Getting a CC-501 error implies an EWC connection and contacting Quicken Support is your best option for help.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kevjenross
    kevjenross Member ✭✭
    I too was having problems for the last several days with PNC then lo and behold it worked just now.
  • draimist
    draimist Member ✭✭
    I am getting errors for PNC Wallet, AutoLoan and Overdraft Line of Credit Accounts. My Checking and Savings work. The errors are for "CP_SCRIPT_ERROR ....no form element found in current HTML doc" and/or "CP_Server_Error:Internal.Throttler denied request. Decision was "IN_PROGRESS"...Again, some work and some dont. Anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.