duplicate entries in download from my citi credit card

Options
I have duplicate entries for the new york times on 3/8 .. for $315 .. also on 3/1 duplicate entires for payment. probably more buried in the transactions ... I checked with citi.com and only one entry for 3/8 .. and only one payment on 3/1. reconciliation of the account is not possible. I'll have to take the last three months of statements and compare entries in quicken. ugh,

Best Answer

• cberistain
    cberistain Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    thanks for the helpful info.. .I made a test file of just the citi account and it did NOT have any of the duplicate entries ... so that is good news, but doesn't explain what caused it ... so, I purged the regular file of the about 6 or 7 duplicates ( both expenses and payments) and the account is now reconciled... I'll watch it more carefully for the next few months to see if the problem is repetitive. again, thank you for the excellent & detailed advice. charlie

Answers

• Vajrayogini
    Vajrayogini Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @cberistain

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• cberistain
    cberistain Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    thanks for the helpful info.. .I made a test file of just the citi account and it did NOT have any of the duplicate entries ... so that is good news, but doesn't explain what caused it ... so, I purged the regular file of the about 6 or 7 duplicates ( both expenses and payments) and the account is now reconciled... I'll watch it more carefully for the next few months to see if the problem is repetitive. again, thank you for the excellent & detailed advice. charlie
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @cberistain

Glad to hear it's working on the test file. Please let us know of you run into any issues on your file again and we can take another look. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco