Syncing Data from Web to Windows

Ron-Pam Hallenbeck
Ron-Pam Hallenbeck Member ✭✭
Have been using the Web version and have all my data there. Just recently installed a Windows version and wanted to sync data from Web to Windows. I am now not seeing any my data (accounts and transactions) on the Web version. Not sure what is happening and looking for some assistance on where my Web data may have gone and how to sync my data to the Windows version.

Thank you.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're the second poster to create data on the Web first. See: Creating data entries via Quicken On The Web — Quicken

You normally create a Quicken data file on the desktop and then synch to the Web.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Since the process I used is backwards from normal is it possible that the Desktop version which had no accounts setup reset all the data on the Web version to the initial state of the Windows install?

Also would that have also cleared out any data previously on the Cloud backup?

Right now just trying to reclaim my data to get loaded on Windows version.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You're the second poster to create data on the Web first. See: Creating data entries via Quicken On The Web — Quicken

You normally create a Quicken data file on the desktop and then synch to the Web.
    Make that the third.  Another thread is this one:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890154/sync-from-quicken-on-the-web-to-newly-installed-quicken-desktop-mac

There is something really strange going on that they (Quicken Inc) has yet to clarify why Quicken Web allows this.

Before the answer would have been that Quicken Web/Mobile/cloud you have to create things in the Desktop data file and then sync, and that the this isn’t a backup for the data file (no syncing data back that isn’t just a new transaction manually entered or downloaded).  Now with the fact that you can in fact create accounts/categories/budgets in Quicken Web, no knows how it should work with the Desktop data file/program.

But I will say this it seems that once you do create a data file and sync it to the cloud, that puts it in a mode that basically hides the “Web only” data set.  And of course that would seem to block any kind of idea of syncing it to a Desktop data file, and most likely it means the “web only” data set is “lost”.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.