CTRL F or right click and select Find has changed?

Options
PaulD
PaulD Member
Why has this changed? when I used to go thru my register and find something I want to search I would right click and select f=Find (or Ctrl F) and it would pre-fill that information into the Find search box for me. now my system does not pre-fill and it requires me to type what I want to find in the field? why has this changed? or how do I fix this to pre-fill for me?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878081/add-user-preference-for-find-default-search-field

You can vote on the idea by selecting the triangle icon under the number in the top post.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mooney6984
    mooney6984 Member
    Options
    I find it very difficult to believe that a programmer would take away a function (current field find function) just because it felt good to him or her. I can see adding a choice but taking away a function that has been available for many years is programmer arrogance at its worst.. Your customers should decide functionality. Put the current field function back or give a choice,,,,,, and ask yourself why you decided to delete it in the first place. You won't have a good answer.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This has been remedied in R32.10.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim Ryan
    Jim Ryan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, @Rocket J Squirrel. I noticed the following about this in the Release Notes for R32.10:

[Improved: Improved CTRL+F search by adding a register preference to choose a default of either Any Field or Currently Selected Field. This preference will be maintained for subsequent searches.]

Unfortunately, I didn't find it obvious how to set this preference. I first looked in the Edit --> Preferences menu, examined all options, but found nothing related.

Luckily, when I tried CTRL+F while in my Checking register, I saw a check-box for "Find in 'Any Field' by default" and realized this is what the Release Notes meant by the words "...by adding a register preference".

Un-checking that toggle makes CTRL+F pre-load the current settings associated with the current location of your cursor within the register (providing the behavior desired by many people, including myself).
This discussion has been closed.