Property estimates

RaymondJ
RaymondJ Member ✭✭
According to the resolved issues the problem with downloading property values with zillow was corrected on March 3, 2021 - but it is still not working.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you again for reporting this issue to the community.  I have forwarded the details of this ongoing issue to our teams who are investigating further.

As soon as I have more information and/or a resolution I will be back to share.  In the meantime, please 'bookmark' this post by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right to automatically receive any updates as they become available.

Thank you again,

Sarah

Answers

• nitch
    nitch Member
    Same as above. Sarah says it has been resolved but I cannot get Zillow to no longer recognize my property to update. It has been working from the time I had set it up on April 30, 2014. I agree with Raymond. It is still not working.

I did find a work-around though it really doesn't solve the problem. Create/add a new "home/rental/property" account and enter your the same address of the property that is not working. This will work fine. The down side is you lose all the data from the original "home/rental/property" account you had set up.
  • Billy Pan
    Billy Pan Member ✭✭
    I agree that this issue is not really resolved for existing property account in Quicken. Mine is a condo unit. The address could not be found. If I remove the Unit number, the address will be found, and all units are listed, except that all the results are without unit numbers, just street address. Selecting any one of them defaults to the first unit 101 which is not mine. So this feature is still useless to me, while it used to work fine for years. cc: @Quicken Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for letting us know that you are continuing to experience issues with the Zillow Zestimate feature, although I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

@RaymondJ

May I ask exactly what is not working?  Are you experiencing incorrect property information?  The address/property not being found as described by @nitch above?

Or different behavior or issue?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • RaymondJ
    RaymondJ Member ✭✭
    When I try to download the property value I get a grayed box that says "No Zestimate for this property". I normally download the property value every 3 months without any issues.
  • jlhei
    jlhei Member ✭✭
    I get the "Sorry, could not find this property in Zillow" message. If I just put in my street name, some addresses do appear as options, but not mine.
  • Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Update: I was able to fix it by disabling the Zillow feature, then searching for the property. Zillow reported the wrong city within my zip code (it is shared by both). I accepted it anyway and now it is working.

I have two properties that were being updated regularly until this issue surfaced. When the problem was reported fixed, one resumed working, and the other still gives the "No Zestimate for this property message.
  • kstupay
    kstupay Member
    I am having same problems as others. I have 5 properties I track. They are all condos in the same building. They have been updated monthly for the past several years without problems. Suddenly, in February, I began receiving " No Zestimate For This Property Message". I tried disabling "Use Zestimate" option for the properties, deleting the property addresses, and then reactivating "Use Zestimate" option and reentering property address. I then get a "Sorry, could not find this property Zillow message.
  • kstupay
    kstupay Member
    Just tried setting up one of the properties as a new account. Result is the same. Receiving "Sorry, could not find this property in Zillow" message.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kstupay

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

There was an alert for this issue that was recently resolved. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RaymondJ
    RaymondJ Member ✭✭
    As of 7:12 P.M. US EST on March 8, 2021 property values are still not downloading.
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    As of 2:40p MST March 9, property values not fully working. One of my properties will update price. On the other property, I. like other are reporting, get a greyed out box and the message "No Zestimate for the property" --- even tho it has worked previously.
  • mlj
    mlj Member ✭✭
    Add me to the list of those with this same problem. The Zillow Estimate function worked for me for months with no issue. After installing a new update a few weeks ago I get the "No Zestimate for this property" for all of my three properties. This is not fixed as of 3/10/2021. Quicken Tyka......has this been formally reported as a bug? Thank you.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue with only one of two properties I have been tracking in Quicken for decades. When the "Zestimate" feature became available, I started using it and it worked fine until recently. One property still works. I have deleted the other "problem" property and re-entered it, tried adding it as another additional property, no joy. I get the attached message "address not found". And yet, the property is currently shown online with Zillo.
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah , @Quicken_Tyka : The recent Alert that was posted (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7889607/resolved-3-3-21-issue-adding-or-updating-properties-with-zillow-in-quicken-for-windows) says this Zillow issue was resolved.  But as noted by several people above and as personally observed this issue still exists.  Is there something we should be doing to eliminate the problem or is it something that can only be fixed by the Quicken team?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ed Mooney
    Ed Mooney Member ✭✭
    +1. Found this thread after trying to enable this feature for an existing account and being told "Sorry, could not find this property in Zillow."

Home, Business & Rental Property R54.16 | Win 10 Pro 64

• p_xxxw
    p_xxxw Member ✭✭
    still not working

I have 50 properties in two different quicken business accounts. one existing property will update. All others are "no zestimate found" on existing properties and "property not found" when trying to add a new property. went thru all the online steps w/ online help, to include creating a new dummy quicken file and trying to add a new property.
  • kstupay
    kstupay Member
    I am continuing to have the same problem. I have five properties that used to update without any problems. Now, all I get for each properties is "Sorry, could not find this property in Zillow." Have tried setting up properties as new accounts but the message is the same.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that providing too much information can confuse this process. I normally don't connect Quicken to Zillow, but I tried it just now. It failed with the "Sorry" message. When I changed the ZIP code from 9 digits to 5, it succeeded. If I deleted the ZIP code altogether, it succeeded.
    Now here's the rub. The Zestimate displayed in Quicken is significantly lower than the Zestimate displayed on zillow.com. About 15% lower. So even if you can connect Quicken to Zillow, the result may not be what it should.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @Rocket J Squirrel
    You got my curiosity up. I tried reducing the info in the set-up, shucks, didn't work for me...
    Good for you to try "outside the box"
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Maybe go to zillow.com and see what exact format it uses for the address. Then enter it just like that into Quicken. Might work. Good luck.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I have found that providing too much information can confuse this process. I normally don't connect Quicken to Zillow, but I tried it just now. It failed with the "Sorry" message. When I changed the ZIP code from 9 digits to 5, it succeeded. If I deleted the ZIP code altogether, it succeeded.
    Now here's the rub. The Zestimate displayed in Quicken is significantly lower than the Zestimate displayed on zillow.com. About 15% lower. So even if you can connect Quicken to Zillow, the result may not be what it should.
    You got my curiosity up, too.  I had previously entered the street address, the city, the state and the 5 digit zip code and every time I got the "Sorry" message.
    So this time I tried multiple combinations and all failed until I entered the street address and the 5 digit zip code...leaving the name of the city blank...and, bingo, it worked!
    I then repeated the process (leaving the city blank) in another file for another property and it worked.
    I then repeated the process with two other properties but this time I left both the city and the state blank and only entered the street address and the 5 digit zip and they both worked.
    Oh, and in all cases the Zestimates I received exactly matched what is shown on zillow.com.
    So, yeah, there is some funky and inconsistent stuff going on but at least I was finally able to get all my properties updated.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, this is crazy. I deleted everything except the street number & state. It worked, sorta. It filled in the complete address correctly and matched within +/- $1k. 
    Hats off to the squirrel !
    Thanks,

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited March 2021
    So I think the blame lies with Zillow, not Quicken. Apparently, Zillow's search algorithm is too sensitive and fails when too constrained. It would rather have just enough info to search. Less is more in this case.

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, but I think they must have changed the algorithm recently since everything worked up until now.
  • Marie C
    Marie C Member ✭✭
    So, I tried all different permutations of the address of one property that was giving me the sorry message. I finally put in just the street number and the zip code and state. I got a list of properties with the correct street number and name, but with the city and zip code of the other property I track. The state was correct for the one I was trying to add. The odd thing is that the two properties are in different states. So the address it lists is now a hybrid of the two properties I track. The property value is the same as the one listed on Zillow. Go figure.
  • p_xxxw
    p_xxxw Member ✭✭
    Delete the old ones and add them in again sounds like the help desk fix to try and solve the problem.

THAT IS NOT THE SOLUTION
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    Part of the reason we use Quicken it to track property values over time. Deleting all the history and starting over with zero history defeats the purpose of using Quicken to track property values.
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    Zillow updates have broken like this a couple times over the past year. The got fixed before. Either Zillow or Quicken needs to fix this (advertised) feature in Quicken. Simple as that.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    p_xxxw said:
    Delete the old ones and add them in again sounds like the help desk fix to try and solve the problem.

THAT IS NOT THE SOLUTION
    David7172 said:
    Part of the reason we use Quicken it to track property values over time. Deleting all the history and starting over with zero history defeats the purpose of using Quicken to track property values.
    I think you guys are misreading the above posts.  No one is suggesting deleting the transaction history.  they are all talking about deleting fields in the address that is being searched.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    As a 25 year user of Quicken, I have learned just to wait until they fix functionality. They will get to it sooner or later. There may be work-arounds like deleting fields, etc. I'll just wait until they fix it, personally
This discussion has been closed.