Why does Quicken restrict the mobile app to certain countries - App Store ?

DericRock
DericRock Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I'm using the Android Play Store set to The Netherlands. It's not possible to download the app from that country's store. Why is this? And will it ever change? What would convince Quicken to enable it for other countries?
When I try to download, I get the message, "This item isn't available in your country."
Quicken user since 1995, now using Premier Subscription on Win10 Home.

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken itself is only supported in the US and Canada though other posters use Quicken manually in other countries.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Quicken itself is only supported in the US and Canada though other posters use Quicken manually in other countries.
  • DericRock
    DericRock Member ✭✭✭
    All I'm asking is: What would it take to get Quicken to allow using the mobile app from a non-US and non-Canadian app store? I'm not asking for support with foreign currencies or foreign bank accounts.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Again, Quicken, Inc. only supports the US and Canada. Why should they make the mobile app available in countries they don't support?
  • DericRock
    DericRock Member ✭✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Again, Quicken, Inc. only supports the US and Canada. Why should they make the mobile app available in countries they don't support?

Hi Greg, I'm looking for a distinction between supporting the app in a country and supporting the app in a specific store. They are not the same.

If you don't have an answer to my question, don't answer. It just removes my question from the Unanswered list and consequently ignored by everyone else.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    DericRock said:
    All I'm asking is: What would it take to get Quicken to allow using the mobile app from a non-US and non-Canadian app store? I'm not asking for support with foreign currencies or foreign bank accounts.
    You can post a "idea" and people can vote on it.  That is how Quicken Inc takes suggestions and decides if there is any real interest in it.  There is a pull down icon on the Ask a Quicken button for this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DericRock said:  I'm looking for a distinction between supporting the app in a country and supporting the app in a specific store. They are not the same.
    Exactly - ..... a couple of different scenarios & different solutions required -
    Using Quicken desktop software on a laptop outside of US
    Using Quicken on the Web outside of the US
    Using Quicken Mobile App outside of the US
    Wanting to find & download Quicken Mobile App from NON-US App Store

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.