Errors show in One-Step processing but don't appear in summary

Barry Berkov
Barry Berkov Member ✭✭
When I update all of my online accounts, the progress through each account is shown but when errors occur, they are not shown subsequently on the summary. This has been going on for quite a while. Apparently the logs show some kind of anomaly but nobody has indicated if it's possible for the user to fix the situation and if not, when it will be remedied. I've done all of the usual stuff such as super validate and even re-installing Quicken. At the same time the Vanguard Ol-293 error continues to occur on one of my Vanguard accounts about 80% of the time and goes away usual if the update is run again.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Barry Berkov

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The account update status is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • Barry Berkov
    Barry Berkov Member ✭✭
    I found the runtime.dat in quicken\inet\common and renamed it. I then ran an update and there was an error and a new runtime.dat file had been created but the update summary still didn't show the error. Of course, when I did another update, the error did not occur. Do you have any other suggestions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Barry Berkov

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.