Stuck something in online bill pay

Options
rdelusignan
rdelusignan Member ✭✭
I created an email request form the check register for an online payment. The envelope says I have 1 on line bill request to send and it won't go away even after I have done the one step update.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @rdelusignan

I would suggest that you take the following steps:

1) Open the bank register and click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right:
    2) Select "Edit Account Details":
    3) In the pop-up window, select the "Onlone Services" tab:
    4) Click on the "Reset Account" button.

Hopefully that will clear that error message.  However if it doesn't, the only other thing that may work is to deactivate the account (from that same pop-up window) and then re-activate the connection.  But, the problem with the deactivating then reactivating of the account, is that it will likely bring in a lot of previously downloaded transactiona that you'll need to deal with, so I would think hard about whether you really want to do that.

Let me know how things go and good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @rdelusignan,

Could you provide us with some more information that will help us to help you?

When you refer to "an email request" do you mean that you trying to make an on-line payment?   Are you using your bank's bill payment services to make payments, or Quicken Bill Manager?  If you are sing your bank, what is the bank's name and how are you "connecting" with the bank (options are "Direct Connect" or Express Web Connect").

What is the name of the vendor that you are trying to pay? Have you been able to send other online payments successfully recently? Do you receive any error code(s)?

Get back yo us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rdelusignan
    rdelusignan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am doing direct connect with Wells Fargo. I have not problems sending payments and there are no error messages related to the specific vendor.

I clicked on the lighting bolt in the check register and hit the create email button.

By the account name in the left had bar, there is an envelope that has a message "you have 1 on line bill payment to send" But there is no bill in the oneline center that is not sent.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @rdelusignan

Okay that additional information is helpful.

So, the lightning bolt is an indicator that there  is an electronic payment "in process" (in other words - it was already transmitted to the bank and the payment process has not yet completed). If you click on the lightning bolt this is the pop-up you will see:

It allows you to either check on the status of the payment - "Update Status" , or to send an email to the bank about this bill payment transaction.

Were you trying to send an email to the bank about this bill payment transaction - for example to ask a question about it?  If so, it could be that you wrote out the email but it hasn't been sent to the bank yet.  If you were not trying to send a message, then I would ignore the message since it should go away the next time you update the account.

Frankx

• rdelusignan
    rdelusignan Member ✭✭
    Options
    The e-mail was send and the bank responded and the check cleared. The message has been there for weeks and is not going away.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @rdelusignan

I would suggest that you take the following steps:

1) Open the bank register and click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right:
    2) Select "Edit Account Details":
    3) In the pop-up window, select the "Onlone Services" tab:
    4) Click on the "Reset Account" button.

Hopefully that will clear that error message.  However if it doesn't, the only other thing that may work is to deactivate the account (from that same pop-up window) and then re-activate the connection.  But, the problem with the deactivating then reactivating of the account, is that it will likely bring in a lot of previously downloaded transactiona that you'll need to deal with, so I would think hard about whether you really want to do that.

Let me know how things go and good luck!

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.