Quicken Mobile v6.6.1 on iOS - Signing out Repeatedly...

I've had issues with Quicken Mobile for iOS incessantly logging me out (requiring me to log back in before doing anything) for quite a while now and finally gotten to the point where I need an answer. It will happen several times a week at a minimum, and this morning, it happened several times in the space of an hour. I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro Max and had the same issue last year before I upgraded from an iPhone X. I'm using v6.6.1 of the iOS app which seems to be the most recent.

There is nothing more frustrating than having it happen when you're trying to enter a transaction while out and then having to log back in, waiting for it to sync enough to enter a new transaction, etc. It just defeats the purpose of having the mobile app.

Ideas? TIA.
--
Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jim Van Leeuwen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for the frustration that this issue has caused.

I have a few additional questions to help isolate the cause of the issue. First, are you connecting via Wi-Fi or mobile data?

May I ask that you navigate to the desktop top application and sign out and sign back in?
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Please let me know if these improve this behavior.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jim Van Leeuwen
    Jim Van Leeuwen Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka ...thanks for the reply. I've had the issues on both reliable Wi-Fi and mobile. When it happened before posting, it happened several times in a row on reliable Wi-Fi.

I logged out and back in again and will report back after a few days of use to see if there is any impact.
    --
  • Jim Van Leeuwen
    @Quicken_Tyka ...went a few days with no issues after logging out and back in again (on Desktop via Quicken), but just got logged out again yesterday on reliable Wi-Fi.

Next steps?

TIA
    --
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jim Van Leeuwen

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist. When was the last time you updated/changed your password?

I would like to next try having you change your password to see if this helps improve the behavior.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jim Van Leeuwen
    Hey @Quicken_Tyka

Last time I changed my password? A "while." I'll leave it at that.

Tried changing it and it won't let me. Ideas on that?

Thanks!
    --
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jim Van Leeuwen

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're having. I'm wondering here do you have the same issue if you have passcode/touch ID(it may be faceID instead) enabled as well? If you haven't tried could you see if that also gives you the same issue you're having.  When you get a chance could you let us know if you've tried this and we'll see what else we can find out.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Jim Van Leeuwen
    edited March 2021
    Quicken Francisco (couldn't tag you for some reason),

I don't have the passcode/FaceID enabled on my iOS Quicken Mobile app.

Through the Quicken desktop app, I went into the Edit Menu > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts menu > Update Profile and then from the Welcome to your Account, Jim menu, picked Sign In & Security, and then under Password, clicked on Change. I'm getting this when entering a new password (which has at least 8 characters, at least one each of upper and lower-case letters, at least one number, and at least one simple special character -- so I've covered most password basics). I get "Please try again, and if it still does not work, let us know."

A screenshot is attached in case that might help. TIA.
    --
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jim Van Leeuwen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.