Quicken Crashes and Errors Updating Transactions [edited]

hmlukens
hmlukens Member ✭✭
I am getting so tired this morning of Quicken crashing and having to re-start...also, simply impossible to update banking transactions! To compound the frustration, some of the error messages say "wait a day or two..." Come on - really? Wait is the answer? Unacceptable.

FIX THIS NOW!
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @hmlukens,

It will be helpful if you can provide some additional information on the problems you are having.  Please tell us the name of the bank or banks, how you connect with them (i.e. Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect) and the specific error code or codes you are receiving.

Also - on the "crashing" issue, can you describe exactly what happens and what the program was trying to do (downloading, updating prices, or whatever process you were attempting, etc.) when the "crash" occurs.

The more details you can provide, the better.  Thanks in advance.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @hmlukens

I would suggest that you turn off "cloud sync" as follows:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) In the left hand column - select "Mobile & Web";
    3) In the box on the right - move the switch from On to Off.

After you do the above close out Quicken and then restart.  Let me know how that goes and whether it has corrected your issues.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @hmlukens,

Just for clarity re: your last post above - what "worked"? Was it just the printing, or something else?

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @hmlukens,

You are connecting via Express Web Connect - assuming the account(s) is/are bank accounts rather than loans or credit cards - is their any reason you aren't using Direct Connect?

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @hmlukens,

To connect using the "Direct Connect" method, you need to specify that method on setup - see the Snip below, which indicates the connection type you should select.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @hmlukens

When you tried, did you get past the screen asking for your SSN and PIN?

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, let me know how it goes with the bank.

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you will be very happy with PNC direct connect.  I've used it for many years and can only remember having issues on two occasions.

Frankx 

This discussion has been closed.