TD Canada Bank VISA account. Error message when importing the qfx transaction file.

KellyK
KellyK Member
I receive this error message "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file. Please contact your financial institution." most times (it has only worked 3 times, not at all for the past few months) when I upload the Visa transaction file from TD (Canada) Bank. The file appears to download fine (accountactivity.qfx). I have used/tried all the methods (drag and drop, import, account update) and none have worked consistently, and only 3 times successfully. I contacted TD and they said "it's not on our end, contact Quicken".
Help!

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @KellyK,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

To start with, I recommend creating a new (test) file and try importing the QFX file to see if you receive the same result in the test file. By doing so, we will be able to determine and verify where the issue stems from.

If needed, please review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @KellyK,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

To start with, I recommend creating a new (test) file and try importing the QFX file to see if you receive the same result in the test file. By doing so, we will be able to determine and verify where the issue stems from.

If needed, please review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KellyK
    KellyK Member
    Hi Anja,
    Thanks for your help! I had time today to read your response and action it. It is all working now.
    Thanks so much!
    Kelly
This discussion has been closed.