Missing Check Numbers when syncing Quicken with Capital One

billsantry
billsantry Member ✭✭
I used to be able to see check numbers when I downloaded transactions from Capital One to Quicken. Now I have to manually put them in. It's a simple (but important) data field that can easily be mapped, as they have always done it before. Unfortunately this causes a lot of manual data entry which has never been necessary. Why have we lost this functionality?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @billsantry

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you might be having to deactivate/reactivate the accounts so that it should give us a better idea of what's happening. I'll leave the steps down below.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if you're still having issues with your check numbers.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• billsantry
    billsantry Member ✭✭
    I tried that already (it was mentioned as a possible solution when I googled the issue) but it didn't work.
  • billsantry
    billsantry Member ✭✭
    Could it have to do with how quicken is interpreting the data fields in the Capital One transaction? This person appears to be having a similar problem (but the result is mis-mapped data instead of missing values

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7673751/populating-payee-not-category
  • Quicken Francisco
    @billsantry

Thanks for the update. It could be possible but it's difficult to tell since it could be a couple of different things. A good way to know for sure is to try in a test file to see if we have a similar issue when downloading. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

Inside of Quicken go across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web.  Once you've done this you should be able to add a new account to the test file. Once you've added them double check to see if we are having the same issue.

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know the results! If we're still having issues in the test file we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • billsantry
    billsantry Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco, thank you for the suggestion. I did try this test, but got the same result with missing check numbers. Please advise, thanks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @billsantry

Thanks for letting us know. Since you're able to replicate it in a test file as well it may be best to contact  Quicken Support so that we're able to check the logs to see if we're receiving the information during the download. This will give us a better idea of what exactly is happening when we download. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• billsantry
    billsantry Member ✭✭
    Thank you for this guidance. I went over this problem with Anna at Quicken support this morning and this issue has been escalated to bring up with Capital One as to why check numbers labeled as <memo> in the QFX file are not populating any of the Quicken fields.

She also said that there are many other Capital One customers who have complained about the same problem, so I hope Quicken and Capital One can work together to provide a remedy soon.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @billsantry

I'm glad to hear you were able to get the issue escalated. You should receive emails for any further notices about the issue. You'll want to make sure that you check them just incase any additional information is needed as well. If you do receive any updates please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • billsantry
    billsantry Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco, how long is it going to take to have this problem added to backlog and corrected?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @billsantry  There's typically no way the moderators know when a particular problem will be solved -- until it's solved. In this case, it's not clear whether the fix is entirely dependent on Capital One, entirely on Intuit (Quicken's connectivity service provider), or some combination of the two. It could be a matter of days, or it could take longer, depending on what has to be changed to fix the issue and how high a priority the responsible party considers it to be (e.g. system entirely down is a higher priority than a mis-parsed field).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.