Can I have mutual fund accounts in "Starter" version of Quicken?

I use Deluxe QWIN (and have for decades). I do not need most of its capabilities and am considering "Starter" at this year's renewal. Can I still have Mutual Fund accounts in Starter and will their value be updated when I do 1-Step Update? (The chart on the website seems to say "no" although that surprises me.). Thanks much,

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Not available in Starter edition. 
    Quicken Starter is essentially a trimmed-down version of the Premier plan, but none of the investment and tax planning features that come at an extra cost in other plans. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tweaver1,

My understanding is that the Starter edition does not have the capability to track investments - including Mutual Funds.  That ability is only available in Deluxe and higher versions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starter only does Cash, Credit, Saving and Checking accounts.  No Loan, Liability, Asset or Investment accounts.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    They call it Starter for a reason.  It is meant for someone just starting their financial life and as such wouldn't yet have investments (Note before "Quicken Subscription" it was called "Checkbook", which more accurately described what it supported).

The Starter version has tons of restrictions and quirks in it and even if it had investment accounts it would probably be a bad choice, especially when you consider the difference in price between the two especially at retailers like Staples and Office Depot.

Note the answer is a bit different for people using the Canadian version, just because of its "history",
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tweaver1
    tweaver1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to each of you for your feedback and help. Very clearly, I will stay with Deluxe. And....I found a much better price-point at Office Depot. (Unfortunately, $52 per year is too "rich" for me, so it was wonderful to find a better value.) Thanks again,
This discussion has been closed.