Receiving a balance adjustment almost every month for -$99.43 on my Schwab IRA account.

tscheffer_47
tscheffer_47 Member ✭✭
I have been receiving Balance adjustment alerts from quicken when I update my Schwab IRA Account. It subtracts $99.43 from my account about every month or so.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @tscheffer_47

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd. Are you able to find where this reoccurs from at the source? If you wouldn't mind could you let us see a screenshot to figure out exactly what's happening. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photo into the response box to add it.

Once you get the chance let us know some more details and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• tscheffer_47
    tscheffer_47 Member ✭✭
    The $99.43 is debited by quicken after doing a one step update and reconciliation. Schwab is not showing any debits.
    Terry
  • Quicken Francisco
    @tscheffer_47

Thanks for letting me know. I'm wondering if there might be a bill reminder that gets entered that might be the issue. See if you're able to go to the bills and income screen. From here see if by chance there's a reminder that's entering that might be giving us the issue. 

Let us know if you're able to find anything here.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • tscheffer_47
    tscheffer_47 Member ✭✭
    I do not see anything that is for 99.43. or for -.57. any other suggestions?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @tscheffer_47

Thanks for the update. Could we by chance get a screenshot of the two transactions in your register. This should give us a little bit more information on where they're coming from ideally so we're able to find out more. If you go back to my first post I've left steps on how to do so. 

Once you get the chance let us know if you're able to get the screenshots and we'll see what we can find.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The $99.43 is debited by quicken after doing a one step update and reconciliation. Schwab is not showing any debits.
    What about the ongoing Schwab statement balance vs the Quicken balance ?
    Is there some older transaction missing.... going back thru the Schwab statements and comparing either the account balance or individual holdings -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• tscheffer_47
    tscheffer_47 Member ✭✭
    I reconcile after each one step update and I do that update 2-3 times a week. I have received the 99.43 difference between quicken and Schwab 7 times
  • Quicken Francisco
    @tscheffer_47

Thanks for the update. It looks like this is added each time after your reconcile because it's registering it as a difference each month. It is interesting though that even though you seem to keep it each month it always says you're down the same amount each time. I'm wondering here if there might be something else that could be causing it but it's difficult to say.

It may be best to contact  Quicken Support so  via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps. This will allow us to see with you and figure out what exactly could be causing the issues you're having. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reconcile after each one step update and I do that update 2-3 times a week. I have received the 99.43 difference between quicken and Schwab 7 times
    Why does your Schwab IRA ACCOUNT
    look like a checking or charge card account ?

httpsusv-cdnnet6031128uploadseditors1hlcni4i1mebzpng

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• tscheffer_47
    tscheffer_47 Member ✭✭
    That is not the account, It is a search result in quicken. I searched on the amount $99.43. It is set up in quicken as an IRA under "investing".
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Have you tried the Reconcile SHARES in the IRA account -
    view Register --> upper right corner Gear --> Reconcile Shares...
    or - manually compare each holdings -
    Price and Shares between Schwab and Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10