The securities name is the same for 3 different ID numbers and thus I cannot download the other two.

Brian Shields
Brian Shields Member ✭✭
edited March 2021 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
How do I rename the other securities to get around this?

Answers

• Brian Shields
    Brian Shields Member ✭✭
    Securities have the same name but 3 different ID codes. Thus will not let me load. How do I get around this??
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    What do you mean by "ID numbers"?  Is that the CUSIP, the Symbol, or what?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Brian Shields
    Brian Shields Member ✭✭
    The investment is called IG Investment Management Ltd IGI797. The listing shows as IG Investment Management Ltd and then the ID number comes up as Mutual:IGI797. When I try to enter a new Mutual:IGI288 since the name is the same it will not upload.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hi @Brian Shields

When I use the "Add Security to Quicken" feature from "Security List, searching on the full name, it shows 5 securities -per this Snip:

But none of those numbers seem to match the ones that you are trying to setup.

If I search on "MUTUAL:IGI", it shows 5 securities -per this Snip:

I would suggest that you review materials you may have received regarding these investments to see if you can sort out which one(s) (from these two lists) might actually be the ones you hold.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brian Shields

I just realized that you are using the Canadian Mac version.  Honestly, I don't know whether Quicken's security lists (i.e. the databases) are consistent between our to countries, let alone between Windows (me) and Mac (you).  I apologize, if these factors make a difference (and I strongly suspect that they do).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Brian Shields
    Brian Shields Member ✭✭
    So here is a screen shot, As soon as I enter this it says that "Duplicate name" as the "name" does not put the code at the end. My previous entry was as I noted but the code was different. I have 4 of these darn changes. Do I have to enter them all manually???
  • Brian Shields
    Brian Shields Member ✭✭
    Yes - that is a very good thought I have come across this problem before. Any thoughts on how to check this out??.
This discussion has been closed.