Quicken asks for security code that bank doesn't have

ryandev
ryandev Member ✭✭
Hey, so I'm looking to connect to my BlueShore Financial account but it's asking for a Personal Security Code on top of the usual username/password. Problem is, BlueShore Financial doesn't have any PSCs. I followed up with BlueShore support to see if this was a feature that I was unaware of, but the support member confirmed that they have nothing like this available right now. Has anyone had luck connecting to their account?

Answers

• Hello@ryan_quicken

Thank you for bringing your question to the Community, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the required code. Is this the prompt that you are receiving?

It looks like in fact this is a prompt from the financial institution and is a requirement for connecting the account. Give the bank a call but ask to speak to someone in the online banking department. It is possible that this knowledge wasn’t known to the individual that you spoke to before.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ryandev, Just on a lark, try inputting your ATM Pin number.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ryandev
    ryandev Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Diana" said:
    > Hello@ryan_quicken
    >
    > Thank you for bringing your question to the Community,
    > though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the required code.
    > Is this the prompt that you are receiving?
    >
    >  
    >
    >
    > It looks like in fact this is a prompt from the financial
    > institution and is a requirement for connecting the account. Give the bank a call
    > but ask to speak to someone in the online banking department. It is possible
    > that this knowledge wasn’t known to the individual that you spoke to before.
    >
    > Please let us know how it goes!
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Quicken Diana

@quicken diana

Here's a screenshot of the prompt I get. Looks similar anyways. I'll try giving them another call.
  • ryandev
    ryandev Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    > @NotACPA said:
    > @ryandev, Just on a lark, try inputting your ATM Pin number.

@NotACPA I gave that a shot but it didn't work. Worth a try anyways
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bank has some funky name that they use when they want me to input my PIN ... so I figured it was worth a shot.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.