Downloading Duplicates of Previously Downloaded Transactions

Options
I have noticed for the past few weeks that when downloading, I sometimes will download a couple of duplicates of previously downloaded transactions. This seems to be happening largely with one credit card account (Citi) and is maddening because it creates reconciliation errors. Are there any ways to prevent, avoid or remedy this? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Everyone, 

We were having an issue with duplicate transactions between 3/16/2021 and 3/23/2021. Any transactions within this period may have been duplicated. You shouldn't see this issue past 3/23 but if you do please let us know so we can look further. Additionally for more information on how to delete the duplicate transactions more efficiently I'll leave an article down below as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/resolution-duplicate-transaction-issue

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I know there is an issue Quicken is working on where some people are getting duplicate transactions, across multiple financial institutions -- but I believe that issue was only just the past few days, not going back several weeks. Can you clarify if this issue has only been with Citi, or if you've seen it in other accounts as well. And what is your connection type for the City credit card account?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • rlbyer
    rlbyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Jacobs. I had a similar issue, also with Citi, in early February/late January, then it has happened three times within the past 3 weeks. I think it only has been with Citi. The connection is Quicken Connect.
  • Denise D
    Denise D Member
    Options
    I also had duplicate Citi transactions during the month of March - only for a few transactions
  • kevinashworth
    Options
    I'm seeing this with Discover Card
  • c13d2f75331741579a
    Options
    I am also seeing this issue with Discover Card.
  • leonard kearney
    leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    i will add myself as having duplicate Citi bank transactions .. only for last couple weeks. express web connect
  • GJB
    GJB Member
    Options
    I am seeing this with Discover card and now the site will not download at all
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Everyone, 

We were having an issue with duplicate transactions between 3/16/2021 and 3/23/2021. Any transactions within this period may have been duplicated. You shouldn't see this issue past 3/23 but if you do please let us know so we can look further. Additionally for more information on how to delete the duplicate transactions more efficiently I'll leave an article down below as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/resolution-duplicate-transaction-issue

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Michelle R.
    Michelle R. Member
    Options
    I saw several of these in March and now again in May. It is so frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.