Voya will not download to update my Quicken file. Error 2000 - QMac

Hayesjw
Hayesjw Member ✭✭
Unable to download Voya account update. Voya suggested I delete and then reconnect my account. But there is no Voya Institutional Services selection in the account setup list. Issue just occurred after Voya servers were offline over this past weekend. Please advise.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Hayesjw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting steps found in this support article regarding Error 2000.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hayesjw
    Hayesjw Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Anja. I tried that already. Voya Institutional Plan Services is not on the financial institution list. Perhaps I need to do an advanced setup which is on PC Quicken but I can't locate on Mac Quicken.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Hayesjw

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd as I'm able to still find Voya available for download on the list but I'm wondering if it might show up in a test file. If it does it should also let us know more information if it's an issue with the server. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. 

Once you've tried this see if you're able to find Voya and download. Let us know what you're able to find out.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Hayesjw
    Hayesjw Member ✭✭
    Franciso - I need to select "Voya Institutional Plan Services" and that is not on the list.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the entry, in FIDIR.TXT for Voya
    zzz-Voya Institutional Plan Services    https://voyaretirement.voyaplans.com    855-663-8092    https://my.voya.com/voyassoui/index.html?domain=voyaretirement.voya.com    ACTIVE    401K&DIRECT
    NOTE, the zzz prefix before the name.  That means that VOYA decided to no longer offer downloads into Q.
    Go bug Voya.
    And, go bug your employer to switch your plan to an institution that DOES support Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    This problem just started to show up yesterday. I can no longer download account updates from VOYA. Using Quicken on my PC is fine. No issue downloading transactions . The issue is on Mac. I just renewed my subscription to Quicken on the 22nd. So I am wondering if that maybe the problem. Anyone else have an issue ?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @dmurad53 Is this a retirement or non-retirement account? Are you getting any error message? Please see this thread discussing a problem with Voya which may or may not be the same issue you're encountering.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hayesjw
    Hayesjw Member ✭✭
    I just started having the same issue as well. Voya did something over the weekend that messed everything up. Using Quicken for Mac.
  • jacobs
    edited March 2021
    Since Voya made changes, they probably need to be the ones to fix it. You may want to try contacting Voya support. But you can also contact Quicken Support so they can document what's not working in case it needs to be escalated to their connectivity team at Intuit. (Some fixes need changes by the financial institution, some need fixes on the Quicken connectivity end, and some need both.)
  • Gadi@
    Gadi@ Member ✭✭✭
    I managed to connect to Voya yesterday (3/23) and fetch the Friday closing prices, but today the connection name (not sure I'm using the correct term - I refer to the name of the financial institution as it appears on the one-step-update screen) is prefixed with "zzz". Hopefully, someone from Quicken can talk to the right people @ Voya and resolve this issue.
  • jacobs
    @Gadi@  No one from Quicken will the action based on posts in this forum. I can say that the change to the "zzz" prefix means that Quicken's connectivity provider (Intuit) has labeled this financial institution as no longer participating with Quicken. So this is definitely a reason to contact Voya support. If they have dropped Quicken, there is nothing Quicken can do. If they say they do still support Quicken, then you need to contact Quicken Support so they can document this and escalate it to the team at Intuit to see what the discrepancy is.
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    Have the same problem.

Quicken<->Voya connection had been working for a long time and today stopped. Noticed that the name changed to "zzz-...".

"Voya Institutional Plan Services" is no longer an option in Quicken.

Already called Voya support; they had no idea what was happening.

My ticket is being escalated to IT.

Will post here if i get a call back from Voya Support.

Eduardo Macias
  • branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Just talk to Voya and sent email, suppose to hear back by 3/25/2021.

They already have had 6+ calls on this issue.

My ticket is also being escalated to there IT.

I am using Windows Version of Quicken Premier

My account is called Voya Institutional Plan Services, LLC., Quicken only shows Voya Financial Advisors today (try to add new account)
  • Gina Santacroce
    Gina Santacroce Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I have the same problem. ZZZ with VOYA.. Its always something with VOYA or Quicken every few months or so. I will keep checking. Thank you
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    On the Windows side there is a comment that VOYA decided to drop support for Quicken.  And that would be why it was marked with ZZZ.  That is what Intuit uses for discontinued financial institution names/entries.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Talked to Voya support on the 24th. Hoping to get a response in the next few days. Quicken support, after 30 minutes, decided that Voya was at fault. Hoping this gets resolved soon. My original post indicated that the PC version worked - it also stopped working.
  • mtmurdock
    mtmurdock Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue... "zzz" added to the name, error OL-232-A returned. Using Windows.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    My question to Voya support
    "has Voya abandon the use of Quicken" ?

Agent Branden said
    No, I am not indicating Quicken has been cancelled by Voya.
    1:44 PM

so as I understand there is a problem that IT is working on to fix the quicken issue

Agent Branden said
    Correct, there is a pending research request to troubleshoot.
    1:45 PM (3/25/21)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agent Brandon is mistaken.  The ZZZ prefix to Voya's name indicates that Voya has informed Q/Intuit that it no longer wishes to be a Participating Financial Institution.
    Neither Q, nor Intuit, do this on their own ... but only after being informed by the FI.

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the information
  • almcate
    almcate Member ✭✭
    Following. Same situation since 3/19/21 getting message "connectivity for this financial institution has been disabled." Couple years ago, Voya went dark to Quicken for about a year or so... not feeling hopeful.
  • branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    Not sure why, today I tried to download transactions, I got the same error as before: OL-232A, but the mutual funds quote/price were updated for the 24th.

Verified the quote/price from Voya website and they were correct.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    branquick said:
    but the mutual funds quote/price were updated for the 24th.

Verified the quote/price from Voya website and they were correct.
    Quotes come from three sources.
    1. Quicken Inc's quote service provider.
    2. Downloading with the transactions from the financial institution.
    3. Manual entry.
    Clearly #1 is still there even if nothing downloads from the financial institution.
    Signature:
  • dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    tried to update my accounts- quote/prices are still wrong. If this issue is on Voya, it screws alot up. Hope someone from VOYA reads these. Customer service just went out the window. Are there instructions any where at the Quicken site on how to update retirement accounts manually ?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    dmurad53 said:
    Hope someone from VOYA reads these. Customer service just went out the window. 
    Why would anyone from VOYA be reading this?
    I can't imagine that there is any financial institution monitoring a Quicken forum for problems.
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmurad53 said:
    This problem just started to show up yesterday. I can no longer download account updates from VOYA on my MAC -
    please indicate what type of Voya account you have ?
    Normal - or RETIREMENT ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    Retirement
  • jacobs
    dmurad53 said:
    Are there instructions any where at the Quicken site on how to update retirement accounts manually ?
    We can help with that. (I do all my retirement account transactions manually.) Explain what you need help with. Entering buy/sell transactions? Dividend transactions? Price quotes? 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmurad53 said:
    Retirement
    As you may have read... it appears that Voya has terminated their relationship with Quicken for download of the RETIREMENT accounts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.