Interface with Dovenmuehle Mortgage servicing

In attempting to set up a new account in Quicken ( ver R32.10) with Dovenmuehle Mortgage (aka yourmortgageonline.com; aka lhfinancial.yourmortgageonline.com)  The system appears to accept my user name and passcode.  The next action quicken asks for the verification code that was sent to me via email.  The issue (and I don't know on which end the problem lies, Dovenmuehle is clueless) is the email never arrives.  Their CSR cannot even verify that any such email was sent.

It is obvious that Quicken has knowledge of Dovenmuehle or nothing close to this would happen.

In looking at their chat for answers I received the following:
Due to recent security enhancements, some financial sites may not support our authentication process.  If you experience difficulties with a site, please contact them directly for assistance.  

Question: does Quicken support the new authentication process?  If not when.

Second issue.  In setting up an new account (as above) using yourmortgageonline.com after entering my username and passcode, I get the alert Sorry, we encountered an error (it's not your fault)  This has occurred for the past week.  I can access the website from my browser with no issues.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @johnodrake

When you receive that type of message - the "It's not your fault" message - you will need to contact Quicken Support so that they can perform a review of your log files and possibly escalate this in order to resolve the connection problem.  

When you talk to Quicken Support, make sure to tell them how long you have been receiving this error message.

Here's the LINK to Quicken Support.

Let us know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @johnodrake

When you receive that type of message - the "It's not your fault" message - you will need to contact Quicken Support so that they can perform a review of your log files and possibly escalate this in order to resolve the connection problem.  

When you talk to Quicken Support, make sure to tell them how long you have been receiving this error message.

Here's the LINK to Quicken Support.

Let us know how this goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @johnodrake

On the issue of connecting with the mortgage company - there are two "Dovenmuehle" entries that appear as possible connections in Quicken; they are shown in this Snip:

Please check the web address that you use to access your account online and see if it matches up.  If it does, and you are not currently trying to connect per the above, I suggest that you delete the current connection and start over using the one above.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for trying Frank.  There are actually four  URLs that will get me to my mortgage page. All redirect to the same webpage that Dovenmeuhle manages for Land Home Financial.  Two appear in Quicken Add Account and one actually communicates with Quicken.  The one that communicates with Quicken accepts the UN/PW and returns a request to enter an authentication code that is sent to me via email from Dovenmeuhle.  The problem is Dovenmeuhle never sends the email.  I believe that, after several conversations with Dovenmeuhle, they don't have a clue what they are doing. Dovenmeuhle just recently started using text for notifications. They may get it right in the future, but for now I will just manage things manually.  The real pain in the tousch is every transaction has a different principal amount and interest amount.  The good news is that this is a once a month event.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I read this right, you are talking about problems activating a Mortgage account and you're fighting a windmill ...
    How about not setting up the mortgage for downloading. Set it up as an offline account, with proper payment information. The Loan Setup Wizard in Quicken will walk you through the process of defining the number of remaining payments, remaining balance, interest rate, etc. As result of that process, a Scheduled Reminder will be available with proper splits for principal, interest (calculated properly for each month's varying amounts) and optional escrow*

*If escrow is withheld with each payment, for insurance or tax paid annually by the mortgage company, set up an asset account "Escrow withholding" before you set up the loan account. In the scheduled reminder transfer escrow to the [Escrow withholding] account register.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    Been there, done that. 

As a mortgage servicing company, Dovenmeuhle needs to join the 21st century.  Quicken understands how to make it work, Dovenmeuhle does not.  My previous mortgage servicing company, CENLAR had no issue making it work as does most of the companies Quicken works with.
  • BrianMT
    BrianMT Member
    I have had no issues connecting to Dovenmuehle for the last 6 months or so. Today I tried to refresh my accounts and it pops up a "Please enter the six digit passcode ..." except the email never comes. I've tried several times.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue 
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    I keep trying to set up the Dovenmuehle account in Quicken with the same result.  It is obvious that Quicken has maintained an interface with Dovenmuehle as it comes up in the search for accounts.  When I enter the UN/PW Quicken finds (apparently) my account in Dovenmuehle because it gives me the dialog box to enter the two factor authentication from the email that Dovenmuehle "sent" me.  The email is never sent.  The issue looks to be on Dovenmuehle's end but I would think that Quicken may be able to help by contacting Dovenmuehle and telling them what is happening.  I have spoken with their CSR and they are clueless.  They promised that their tech people would contact me but have not.

I have the mortgage set up off line but each month I have to update the P and I.  
  • Dale Newfield
    Dale Newfield Member
    I'm in the same boat with respect to the passcode never showing up, but I have a theory--right now when you log in through yourmortgageonline there's an extra "do you want to get the passcode via email or sns?" step...and I bet that's where the quicken integration is getting tripped up. If anyone has gotten someone from Dovenmuehle to explain, please share!
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    I asked Dovenmuehle.  They didn't have a clue.  Said they would have their techs call me - never happened.