Where can I find a manual for assistance with Quicken for Mac?

Options
I've used Quicken for Windows for a long time and now struggling with Quicken for Mac. Especially how to reconcile as reconcile is grayed out under Account and on the Menu Bar.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you click menu Help > Quicken Help, you will find some pretty extensive help documentation available there.

For the specific question re reconcile: this often occurs when you have a group register (e.g. Banking, Cash, Savings, etc.) rather than an individual account selected in the sidebar. Group registers cannot be reconciled and thus the menu item is grayed out. To make sure your individual accounts are all visible in the sidebar, click the three dot (...) icon at the top and choose Expand All Sidebar Groups.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you click menu Help > Quicken Help, you will find some pretty extensive help documentation available there.

For the specific question re reconcile: this often occurs when you have a group register (e.g. Banking, Cash, Savings, etc.) rather than an individual account selected in the sidebar. Group registers cannot be reconciled and thus the menu item is grayed out. To make sure your individual accounts are all visible in the sidebar, click the three dot (...) icon at the top and choose Expand All Sidebar Groups.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • bijoux
    bijoux Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I knew it would be an easy fix just couldn't figure it out. I appreciate your help.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @bijoux  For users who are new to Quicken Mac, (even if they're longtime Quicken Windows users), Quicken has a relatively new and somewhat under-the-radar program called "1-2-3" for new users.  It's a one hour phone one-on-one phone call with a support representative to help people get oriented to using the program. If you think that might be helpful to you, you can find the page for scheduling an appointment here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/help-getting-started-quicken
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bijoux
    bijoux Member
    Options
    I appreciate this information very much. Have already reconciled several statements and like the Quicken for Mac format. Thank you for letting me know about 1-2-3.
This discussion has been closed.