CC 502 Error: Is there a limitation of one CustomerID per bank for One Step Update?

Options
Steph_M
Steph_M Member
My problem concerns connecting Quicken to my B of A accounts. I have successfully linked my checking and savings accounts for one-step updating initiated from Quicken, and for all but ONE of my credit card accounts. This one credit card is in my husband's name as primary (mine as secondary), so there is a separate CustomerID/password for this one card. I get a CC-502 error in trying to set up this remaining credit card. I am guessing that there's some restriction on having a second CustomerID/password with the same bank. I am able to push the transactions from the bank (when I am logged in as my husband) into Quicken, but I notice the Quicken dialog box will not retain my husband's CustomerID -- it reverts to my CustomerID. Is there any way to add my husband's account for auto update from Quicken (rather than logging into the account and pushing the update to Quicken)?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    " I am guessing that there's some restriction on having a second CustomerID/password with the same bank."
    I'd say that generally there isn't such a restriction.  My wife and I have separate user IDs and passwords with several financial institutions in our Quicken file, and in the past we had that same situation with BofA and had no problems.

You might wait a day or two and try again as suggested by this FAQ:
    but you might ultimately have to contact Quicken support directly:
  • Steph_M
    Steph_M Member
    Options
    It now works! Thanks for the advice and encouragement to "wait"
This discussion has been closed.