Unfixable investing cash balance?

I'm stuck, and out of ideas. One of my retirement accounts has a completely bonkers cash balance listed. I've run the 'Update Cash Balance' tool and set it to the correct value. I can do this until I'm blue in the face, but nothing changes (and the value presented to enter *is* the correct value - but it never updates in the actual 'cash balance' field). I've run Validate and Repair, to no avail. No errors are presented for that account. The "Holdings" window, in the list at the very bottom shows the correct $69.39, but below in the "Account Status" listing it shows the bogus $20k value.
I'm at a loss.

Here's a screenshot, not sure if it'll post or not. No meaningful identifying info is included.

https://imgur.com/a/whotZGT

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Paul Theodoropoulos

Have you checked to see if there are any placeholders in the account?  If not, here's how to do that:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Investment Transactions";
    2) The "Show hidden transactions" box should be checked.  If it isn't already checked - check it now and click "OK".

Then go back to the account register and you should see some additional activity (i.e. placeholder(s) ).  You can also view them in the "Placeholder Entries" tab at the bottom of the register.  You need to resolve any placeholders and here's a LINK to more information about them.

If you can't figure it out, post back about what you are actually seeing in the placeholders tab and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    It is odd that the account's cash balance at the bottom of the Holdings table does not match the cash balance in the Account Status section just below it in the account overview.

What is the cash balance at the bottom of the register?

On an Investing Portfolio page grouped by account?

On the Reports > Investing > Portfolio value report subtotaled by account?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also what version of Quicken are you running? Old versions sometimes had issues with cash.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the Supervalidate option -- on a copy, Ctrl-Shift while you click through the Validate button?  That is a shot in the dark.