Quicken cannot communicate with Merrill Lynch Investments error. How to fix this?

calibara
calibara Member ✭✭
I get the error that Quicken cannot communicate with Merrill Lynch Investments. I am trying to add multiple investments account types (IRA and personal). Is there a way to connect other than via Quicken Connect I also tried Direct Connect to no avail. Please help. :'( :'(

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What error codes or messages are you getting?  "It doesn't work" provides nothing that we can work with to assist you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Also: all investment accounts require Direct Connect connections.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • calibara
    calibara Member ✭✭
    I get the notification “ Quicken cannot communicate with Merrill Lynch Investments”. It is very broad but not helpful info. I called Quicken support which told me to call Merrill Lynch. I just spoke with Merrill Lynch and they were not helpful either. They referred to call Quicken back. After spending close to 1 ½ hours, I am quite deflated on their ability, on both sides, to be helpful. If you have any suggestion as to what might be happening, please share. Thank you.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This is very basic, and you've probably been through this with one or both Support departments already, but are you getting the error you reported from the Add Brokerage Account screen? 

I don't have a Merrill account, but when I enter dummy login credentials and click Continue, I do see Quicken communicate with Merrill Lynch, followed by an error message which is slightly different than what you said above.

Also, did you go to the website listed on the right side of the screen above, and do whatever it tells you to do there to Enroll for Online Access? I needs to be enabled on the Merrill side before it will allow a user to log in via Quicken.

Again, you may have already done all this; I'm just trying to make sure the basics have been covered and tried. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.