Can't reset account, no downloaded transactions to accept

T-Minator
T-Minator Member
I'm having trouble with my T. Rowe Price IRA updating. It shows everything up through January 2021 when I first set up Quicken, but after that it only shows the 'hand entered' transfers from my checking account "not yet matched to a downloaded transaction". When I update the account (Direct Connect), it tells me '0 (zero) new transactions', however, when I check the account online there are new transactions present. I want to reset the account and see if that fixes it, but when I try to reset the account I get, "Account can not be reset because there are downloaded transactions that first must be accepted into the account register or transactions list". In the account window, it shows '"Downloaded Transactions (0)". Thoughts??
Windows 10 Home, Quicken Premier, Version R32.10, Build 27.1.32.10
Thank you in advance,
T

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @T-Minator

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like we may be having issues with transaction not showing up that needed to  be accepted into the register which may be giving is problems. I'll leave an article down below on how to double check to see if that may be the case.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/faq-quicken-windows-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug

While you may not see the red flag try the article out to see if you're able to get the account to add the transactions you could potentially be missing here. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @T-Minator

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like we may be having issues with transaction not showing up that needed to  be accepted into the register which may be giving is problems. I'll leave an article down below on how to double check to see if that may be the case.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/faq-quicken-windows-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug

While you may not see the red flag try the article out to see if you're able to get the account to add the transactions you could potentially be missing here. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• T-Minator
    T-Minator Member
    Thank you Francisco, although this did not help resolve the issue directly, it gave me an idea on what to do. Your method did show me that for the account in question, in the online center there are two downloaded transactions there that do not appear in the account register. So what I did was go into Preferences "Downloaded Transactions" and UNchecked the top two boxes "automatically add....", and then clicked 'ok'. Quicken warned me that I would have to hand enter everything, and I just accepted everything by clicking 'okay'. I then went back to the Online Center, selected the account in question, and then it let me add the two transactions to the register. After they were added, I just opened the Preferences window again, and checked both boxes, "automatically add...", and clicked 'ok'. I updated all my accounts, and everything seems to be okay. Thank you for your help!!!
    T
  • Quicken Francisco
    @T-Minator

Glad to hear you were able to find out what was causing the issue and letting us know how you were able to fix it as well! If you do run into any other issues please let us know so that we can take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Brian Cogan
    Brian Cogan Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue and I went through the process of clearing the red flag. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/faq-quicken-windows-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug. But it still won't let me edit the account. When I run the Validate and Repair I continue to get the same message:

Validating your data.
    Quicken repaired damaged transaction index. No action required.
    Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "ACCT_c7c" 0/ 0/1900
    Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
    "ACCT_c7c" 0/ 0/1900

But it has stated that the same error exists when I run it again.

I have a feeling this is my issue, but I can't find any direction on how to resolve it, other than restoring a backup, but that doesn't help.

I sure would appreciate some input. I need to reset my bank accounts. After the last release, I stopped getting downloads. I have been through most of the correction process, but I can't deactivate the account to complete it. So I need to get this resolved so I can finish resolving the other issue.

Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Brian Cogan

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.