How to remove or rearrange columns in reconciliation window?

I recently migrated over from Quicken for Windows after many years using the Mac version, so please forgive me if I've overlooked something simple, but how in the world can I get rid of columns in the reconciliation window? I can't see the payee or full amount without scrolling, which is a real pain, but I also don't need the blank Chk# column or a secondary Posting Date column (just one Date would be enough for me)? If I can't get rid of them, can I at least rearrange them so the payee and amount are shown in the middle of my "Payments and Checks" screen?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To answer the original question, no you can't change what is columns are displayed or the order they are in for the reconcile window.

This definitely an area when Quicken Mac is better than Quicken Windows especially since the reconcile is done in the register instead of a different window so the user can leverage the features that the register has.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is this a Windows question (which you selected for the topic) or a Mac question, that you reference in your 1st sentence?
    Your "from Quicken for Windows after many years of using the Mac version" is confusing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mikgub
    mikgub Member
    You're absolutely right. That was definitely a mistake. This is a Windows question as I am moving TO Windows after many years as a Mac Quicken user. Thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To answer the original question, no you can't change what is columns are displayed or the order they are in for the reconcile window.

This definitely an area when Quicken Mac is better than Quicken Windows especially since the reconcile is done in the register instead of a different window so the user can leverage the features that the register has.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mikgub
    mikgub Member
    Thanks for the response!
This discussion has been closed.