Quicken unable to update your account. Click here to add your account again.

So sometime since January, my accounts don't really update. It shows they do, but they don't. So I started doing some manual downloads to catch things up. Then I've tried the update button on each account separately. I've tried the reset account under the online tab. I've deactivated the account and reactivated it. I've even completely removed financial info after deactivation so that I choose the financial institute again. What I end up with is an account that has a red "not" sign in front of it with the above statement in the title. I've clicked it and follow all the items. It comes up and shows me the found account tab, and Don't add to Quicken is selected choice which you can't change. I have multiple accounts in this stage and have to deactivate them or the update all won't work. This is really frustrating.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Mike Hutchison

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is an odd issue since it sounds like you've tried a few things to get it working. To start off here one thing we can attempt is to sign out and in and see if that might be an issue we're having I'll leave the steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've done this see if you're able to get any new information popping up. Any new things let us know and we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• So I followed all the steps above. I had one account that had the red not sign on it. The rest are deactivated. I pressed the red not sign and followed the steps. Came up Do not add to Quicken. I did a reset of the account. I did a deactivation of the account, reactivate it. I deactivated the account and deleted the bank name. Nope, nothing fixed it it stills has the red not sign in front of it.

I also tried setting up one of the deactivated accounts. It now has the red not sign in front of it.

I also notice on some of my accounts that sometime in January it did like a reset and added a new beginning balance line item....which threw the account off.

This seems to have come along with whatever you guys did that now when you do an update it does the sync at the beginning then updates the accounts.

Not sure what was changed but it really FUBARed the program.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Mike Hutchison

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.