archive transactions

Options
My data file is getting quite large. Is there a way to archive older transactions that do not involve stock transactions?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read the instructions, in Q Help, for "Year End Copy"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• wfhumphrey
    wfhumphrey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks - I do that. I'm an old DOS version Quicken user too!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before you start running Year End Copy, please note:
    • Have or create a backup BEFORE you get started working on that. If you don't like the results, you can restore the backup and resume where you left off.
    • If you are syncing your data file to the cloud, you may want to turn off this function before YEC. After you're done, sync the new reduced file.
    • As archive cutoff date use a date that is back 4 or 5 years or even more, not 1/1 of this year. You want to retain enough history so you can finish last year's taxes or review earlier transactions without having to switch to see your archive file. 
    • If you ever change your mind and want to put Humpty and Dumpty (the two parts of your data file) together again ... sorry, but at this time there is no program available to combine data files into one.
    BTW, how big is your data file?
    I'd like to see the File Information view: Click Help in the Menu Bar. CTRL+click About Quicken and it'll give you a File Information popup. Please capture an image snapshot of this File Information popup and attach it here.