East West Bank No Longer Supports Direct Connect

HansT
HansT Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
I received a notice from East West Bank stating:

For Quicken and QuickBooks, use our transaction history export feature to export in Quicken (.qfx) or Quickbooks (.qbo) formats. Then, simply sign in directly to Quicken or QuickBooks using the web or desktop version and import your exported file. Quicken and QuickBooks Direct Connect feature will no longer be supported.

Does anyone have any idea if some other automated method will work (i.e. Quicken Connect or Web Connect)?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @margiefromsf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Web Direct -- downloading and manually importing into Quicken -- has not worked with East West Bank since March 2021.

Also, when attempting to import a Web Connect (.qfx) file, do you receive any specific error message(s) and/or code(s) that you could provide us with here, please?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they seem to be describing is Web Connect.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• margiefromsf
    margiefromsf Member ✭✭
    Web Direct -- downloading and manually importing into Quicken -- has not worked with East West Bank since March 2021. East West says the problem is Quicken; Quicken says the problem is East West. Does anyone know how to proceed?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @margiefromsf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Web Direct -- downloading and manually importing into Quicken -- has not worked with East West Bank since March 2021.

Also, when attempting to import a Web Connect (.qfx) file, do you receive any specific error message(s) and/or code(s) that you could provide us with here, please?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.