Error CC-501 at Synchrony Bank

Have seen error for past 3 days

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @endoman,

Sorry to hear you are getting that error code.

The Quicken guidance for this error is located in this LINK.  The guidance is different if you are trying to setup the account for download for the first time versus if you've been downloading successfully for some time, and now receive this code.  For the latter - which I suspect might be your case - the guidance suggests that you contact Quicken Support so they can review your logs.

Here's the LINK to Quicken Support - but please note that they are available only during regular business hours M - F.

Let us know how this works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

If you are experiencing a CC-501, this error will require contact to support to review the log files and possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let them know how long you have been receiving this error. 

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @endoman,

Sorry to hear you are getting that error code.

The Quicken guidance for this error is located in this LINK.  The guidance is different if you are trying to setup the account for download for the first time versus if you've been downloading successfully for some time, and now receive this code.  For the latter - which I suspect might be your case - the guidance suggests that you contact Quicken Support so they can review your logs.

Here's the LINK to Quicken Support - but please note that they are available only during regular business hours M - F.

Let us know how this works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jwllouie
    jwllouie Member ✭✭
    My Synchrony Bank savings accounts have been successfully updating for over a year now. I have also recently experienced the CC-501 error with Synchrony Bank savings accounts for the last 3 days. I spent an hour in chat with Quicken rep yesterday, deactivated accounts, reactivated accounts, setup test file, reviewed logs and finally performed the super validate function. Was able to do a one step update with no error codes and then today we are back to the CC-501 code. I will also plan to reach out to Quicken support again today.
  • Same problem here - any success?
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Member ✭✭
    Same here. QUICKEN, FIX THIS PLEASE!
  • DCThunder
    DCThunder Member ✭✭
    Same issue.
  • JWQ
    JWQ Member ✭✭✭
    Same...
  • RiverRod
    RiverRod Member ✭✭
    Same issue...
  • Mark Coil
    Mark Coil Member ✭✭
    Check your mail/email. I got several emails starting about a month ago regarding my Chevron credit card account which is issued by Synchrony bank.
    They are changing their online account servicing that requires re-registering for online access as of 3/22.
  • WM-2021
    WM-2021 Member ✭✭
    Almost identical story. Quicken support had me deactivate and reactivate yesterday. But today, same CC-501 error as before which has been going on for 2 weeks. No other accounts are giving this error
  • jwllouie
    jwllouie Member ✭✭
    Mark Coil, thank you for the information. I've checked for emails from both Synchrony and Quicken and I don't have one about re-registering our savings accounts. I reached out to Synchrony Bank and they said that Synchrony is only partnered with Mint and Yodlee for 3rd party aggregators and that I would need to reach out to Quicken for assistance. Would you please copy and paste the relevant information from the email you received in this thread so I can try to resolve this issue? Thank you so much. BTW, any idea if the information pertains to both the credit card platform and the banking platform?
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Ditto on the 501 Error. This site always takes much longer than others but usually does complete. I was able to successfully sneak in a download on March 22nd but still received the 501 error even though the data did process. Please see if this can be corrected. For years calling the bank always returns the same answer ... we don't work with or support Quicken.
  • endoman
    endoman Member ✭✭
    Problem getting worse! Citibank got CC-501 error also, today.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

If you are experiencing a CC-501, this error will require contact to support to review the log files and possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let them know how long you have been receiving this error. 

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    I was on with customer support yesterday for nearly 2 hours. The cc-501 error seemed to be fixed after that, however it is back this morning. Also, even though the CC-501 error was "corrected" yesterday, I was still not able to access all of my accounts. For example, I was able to set up my checking, savings, etc,. but none of my IRA accounts were able to be set up again.
  • WM-2021
    WM-2021 Member ✭✭
    cc-501 error continues with synchrony despite session with customer support. Resolved it for one day but error returned the next day and continues.........
  • endoman
    endoman Member ✭✭
    Since no one has had a permanent solution from Quicken support, I am not going to waste my time trying at this time.
  • Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭✭
    I've been unable to update my Synchrony Bank accounts for at least a week. Why hasn't this problem been resolved? One of my favorite features of Quicken is the ability to update my banking information daily, but lately it seems there's always some kind of glitch somewhere. PLEASE.....GET THE SYNCHRONY BANK ISSUE FIXED!
  • Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭✭
    C-501 Error. For the past week or so I have been unable to update my Synchrony Bank accounts. I've deactivated and re-activated with no issue, but today I again received the C-501 error.
  • Mark Porter
    Mark Porter Member ✭✭
    Concur with this. I deactivated all my Sync accounts, Validated, now, when trying to re-add them, I get an error "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Synchrony Savings". Please advise, I've not been able to sync since 3/5/2021.
    thanks!
  • whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    Shouldn't the "Accepted Answer" banner be removed from this post? It is obvious that this is not the accepted fix, as I and numerous other customers have gone through Customer support, and still experience this error.
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    I agree. I was able to sneak in one March 22nd update and that was it. Must have been a fluke. Synchrony has always been extremely slow downloading. This latest hangup is frustrating, to say the least. Please correct and list it as a known issue.
  • whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    Another day...another CC-501 error. Can Quicken please advise us what they are doing to fix this issue? When I was on with Customer support on 3/24, they suggested that I call Synchrony Bank. Sorry...not my job!
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Synchrony won't even acknowledge that you can use Quicken. For years now, they claim it isn't and never was supported. I have several CDs and Savings accounts with them, tried downloading my accounts a few years back, and it did connect. This error has occurred before and somehow corrected itself after quite a while. There should be some support from Quicken. I'm sure users would be happy to provide logs to debug the issue.
  • Pyro606
    Pyro606 Member ✭✭
    As this is affecting multiple customers and specifically to Synchrony bank in many cases, this is clearly an issue in the Quicken software connection process with this bank. Having users temporarily fix the connection is an unacceptable resolution to a service for which we pay. Please provide a legitimate status on the issue, along with an expected true correction date. Problems like this have occurred in the past, and do usually get resolved eventually by someone without word as to what was done to truly fix the issue. I appreciate the efforts that have been put into resolving some past long-standing issues over the last year or so, but communication goes along way toward buying customer patience. Providing short-term work-arounds as a "solution" is not. Thanks.
  • endoman
    endoman Member ✭✭
    I started this thread on March 21. Do we know if anyone from the tech dept. at Quicken monitors these posts or are we just complaining amongst those who have no power to do anything about it?
  • M Wax
    M Wax Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I have the same issue. I have had this for weeks. I have reported the problem multiple times. Usually bank downloads are resolved in an acceptable time frame. This one has no explanation. [Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]
  • WM-2021
    WM-2021 Member ✭✭
    501 Error for Synchrony is still unchanged for me.
  • JJS
    JJS Member
    I'm having the same problem. I contacted support, they told me to disconnect, but then I couldn't reconnect. They said wait a day or two and try again. I was able to reconnect a couple of days later, but now I have the same problem again. I get around the problem by resetting the account. It takes a while but it works and downloads the latest transactions. We need this fixed, it's been a problem for too long.
  • compuwise
    compuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2021
    I talked to someone at Synchrony Bank and she told me that Synchrony is not supporting Quicken connections and they have no intention to fix it. I have no idea if she was correct.
    I'm getting the CC-501 but noticed that transactions are downloading and populating the register. Strange, but when Quicken support suggested I disconnect and reestablish the OSU, I declined. It's sort of working, so why fix it?
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Hi! Synchrony has been stating this no-support claim for years. Over time, I have had issues similar to this. Eventually, though, it seems to work. I tried resetting the connection by deactivating and reactivating and it seems to work for one session and then generates the error the next time. This has been going on a little longer than usual and is frustrating. Even when working, the Synchrony connection takes forever. Right now, I am just waiting for my monthly statement. I do wish Quicken will step in and assist in fixing this.
This discussion has been closed.