One Step Update stops Quicken Premier

Truman100
Truman100 Member ✭✭
When I do an One Step Update the update freezes the Quicken program part way through. This also happens when I try to update the Bank of America account by itself. I saw that there was some problem with Bank of America which was solved, but maybe we have another one.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Truman100

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe you may be freezing when trying to load BoA during the OSU but I'm wondering here if you're able to download them individually still as well? How long has this been going on? One thing you can attempt is to deactivate the BoA account so that we're able to attempt the OSU then once the issue has been resolved you can activate it again. I'll leave steps down below if you'd like to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once you've done this try seeing if you're able to complete the OSU. If you aren't let us know so that we're able to take another look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Truman100
    Truman100 Member ✭✭
    When I went to deactivate the BoA Credit Card online activity from the account, the program froze up and quit on me. After I restarted Quicken I went to deactivate my Savings account online connection and then my checking account online connection and the results were the same with each account, freezing and crashing Quicken. I then did a cloud sync which ran, but some transactions that I added using Quicken Mobile did not download to the Quicken program.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@Truman100

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if we might need to validate the file to see if there's any inconsistencies that are causing the issue you're having. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so. You can find it down below the fourth step.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you've tried this let us know if you're able to deactivate the accounts. If not we can see what to try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Truman100
    Truman100 Member ✭✭
    In each case the accounts were deactivated when I restarted Quicken after the crash
  • Truman100
    Truman100 Member ✭✭
    This morning I did a file validation and tried to set up my online connection with Bank of America. I got a message that they needed more information, and they sent a code to my cell phone. I used the code and then when I tried to continue, I got the error message CC502 and a note that it couldn't connect.
  • Truman100
    Truman100 Member ✭✭
    Just now I tried to Sync to the Quicken cloud and the screen went black except for the statement "syncing to Quicken Cloud" and the the program crashed.
  • Truman100
    Truman100 Member ✭✭
    Tried setting up BoA again, it went "searching for account at Bank of America", then stopped got error code CC-501 this time.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Truman100

Thank you for the response and additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist. At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • karvel
    karvel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Having the same issue, [removed - rant/unhelful]
This discussion has been closed.