Quicken Cloud Sync is deleting cloud data prior to Syncing Transactions

When I close Quicken it begins to do a Cloud Sync. It first deletes all existing cloud data and then starts to resync all existing transactions. This has been only happening in last 4 days. Given the time-period I have been using Quicken this syncing takes a long time due to the number of transactions. This sometimes results in a Quicken crash and bugsplat report. I have turned off Cloud Sync to prevent all syncing for now. How can I fix this problem?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Brian175

Thanks for the update. In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. That will give us a better idea of what's happening on our end.

Thanks

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Brian175

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Please let me know if the reset completes successfully or if you still experience issues.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Brian175
    Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your response. Quicken cloud sync continues to cause a problem. I followed your instructions. It deleted my cloud data and correctly updated the cloud data which I verified in my mobile app on my iphone. Update my cloud data is automatically turned on when I enter Quicken, This morning the cloud sync took over 15 minutes to update yet there were no transactions entered through my mobile app in last 24 hours. Following the cloud sync completion my 2020 and 2021 budgets were wiped out. I had to recover from backup and I have turned off cloud sync once again.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello @Brian175

Thanks for letting us know you're still having issues. I'm wondering if we may need to completely resync the data file to the cloud. That may be able to solve the issue you're having not being able to sync. We were having issues on the specific day you were having issues but you've been having issues prior to this so I'll leave the steps down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know if you're able to get it up and running.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Brian175
    Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
    I followed the instructions. When I click on Qucken ID and Cloud accounts, no cloud account details are shown. I therefore could not perform indicated actions.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Brian175

Thanks for the update. You'll want to be on a different file when performing the steps from the article above. If you don't have another file you can make one by going across the top to file > new.  You'll want to continue through setting up the file then when it asks you to add accounts you're able to close the popup box and perform the steps from the article.  Sorry for not having that be clarified in the article.

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Brian175
    Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
    I temporarily stopped syncing due to instability. I installed new update on Saturday. I reinitiated the sync. The software continues to delete my cloud file before syncing and after syncing the balances of my bank accounts show up in my mobile Quicken up but none of the transactions. In addition not all the balances and none of the transactions for my investment accounts get synced. Very frustrated.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @Brian175

Thanks for the update. In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. That will give us a better idea of what's happening on our end.

Thanks

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

This discussion has been closed.