Adding New Accounts: Type Is Incorrect

Options
Chris Mead
Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
Hello,
I just made a change to my IRA investment accounts with T.R. Price. This resulted in adding seven new accounts. When I add these account using the create new method, I selected "Traditional IRA" as a type. When the download occurred, the type switched to brokerage and I cannot change it in Account Settings (grayed out.).

The second method I tried is that I first created the account offline. When I did so, it was in the "retirement" section (that is correct). I then linked the account. The account showed up. I made sure it was set to "Traditional IRA". When done, the program threw an error, cannot communicate to T.R. Price. I selected try again. The second time the program stated I had no more accounts to link. I exited setup and the account downloaded data although I still says zero. I need to transfer money in to correct that.

One last thing, part of this effort is a roll over from another account outside of TRP. "Rollover IRA" is not an option. Hence i selected "Traditional IRA." I do not know if that is creating the issue.

I've done this before successfully but now it seems more difficult. Any close was to what I am doing wrong?

Update: This is funny. I went to an account that was put into "Brokerage" and I unlinked it from download. I changed it to "Traditional IRA." I edited that same account to reconnect it. I selected "Traditional IRA" when linking again. The program did some connections and then errored as before. I selected "Setup Manually" to get out of the error loop. I closed the dialog box. The account stayed in "Retirement" this time as a "Traditional IRA". I guess that is the fix. Still strange. One would figure it should stay as originally downloaded.

Thank you

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This has been acknowledged as a bug by Quicken, and will hopefully be fixed in a future update.

And yes, disconnecting, changing the type and reconnecting is a workaround that some users have found to work (although others have said it didn't work for them).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This has been acknowledged as a bug by Quicken, and will hopefully be fixed in a future update.

And yes, disconnecting, changing the type and reconnecting is a workaround that some users have found to work (although others have said it didn't work for them).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.