Can't delete bogus Investment Transactions

After download today (April 1) totally bogus transactions are reflected in my Holding Balance but not in the register. These are almost doubling my account balance. I have show hidden transactions checked. On the Investment Transactions Report they are showing as Added. There aren't any Placeholders on the report or on the bottom of the Register screen. I believe in the past I could delete transactions from the Investments Transaction report but this seems to have changed. Quicken Premiere R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It is surprising that the transactions are not visible in the investing account's transaction list (register)

You can delete transactions from the Banking Transaction report (which also shows investing transactions) or directly from the transaction list.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    It is surprising that the transactions are not visible in the investing account's transaction list (register)

You can delete transactions from the Banking Transaction report (which also shows investing transactions) or directly from the transaction list.
  • Jim_Harman
    Do the bogus transactions also have bogus dates, like 1900 or 2035, making them hard to find?
  • stig
    stig Member
    Many Thanks, I was able to delete them from the Banking Transaction Report. They all had 4/1/2021 dates.
  • DavidM75
    DavidM75 Member
    My Schwab account shows 20,000 shares of Apple stock. This would be great news, and I did once hold a much smaller number of shares of Apple, but I sold them years ago. I would like my accounts reasonably accurate, but this shows that account value at over $3MM, about $98% in that one Apple position, and I can't figure out how to get the Apple out.
  • DavidM75
    DavidM75 Member
    I have two Schwab retirement accounts which I closed out last month (December, 2021). I marked them as closed, did the adjustments to eliminate the securities Quicken persisted in showing, but every time I download my account balances, those two accounts keep showing up, Quicken asking me how I want to classify them. And yes, I mark them as closed every time, reflecting reality. I'm not driven batty yet, but...
  • Jim_Harman
    Click on the Security header to sort the transaction list by security, so all the Apple transactions are together. 

If you don't want to straighten it out now, you can simply enter a Remove transaction for all the Apple shares just after the last Apple transaction and that will make them disappear going forward.

Otherwise you will have to sort out how the Apple got into the account. If it was via Bought transaction(s) deleting them will mess up your cash balance.

• DavidM75
    DavidM75 Member
    I did figure out how to create then delete transactions so my Apple problem is resolved. However, I sold some calls in March, 2021, which apparently expired uncalled. I can let my brokerage service take care of this, but my hope is that Quicken will duplicate all actual transactions, and I will be able to reconcile all transactions between Quicken and the brokerage records. Any ideas on how to get the expired options to track?