How to keep not reconciled entries at the bottom of register

kimkreis
kimkreis Member
I recently switched from Quicken for Windows and am slowly working though the differences. Before I was able to set it so my entries that hadn't been reconciled with my bank (a check written to a nephew who never cashes anything! etc) at the bottom of the register with the items with a current date.
Is that functionality available in Quicken for Mac?
Thanks!
Kim

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Or you can just quickly invoke the Status > Uncleared to see the uncleared transactions.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like if you reverse the sort of Clr column, it will put the uncleared transactions at the top and the dates in newest-at-the-top order. Hmmm, I may use this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Somewhat. ;)

Make sure you have the "Clr" column visible in your register. Click on the Clr heading to sort the register by this field. It will put all uncleared transactions at the bottom. (If they're at the top, click on the Clr heading again to toggle it to sort in reverse order.) But this will also result in your register being in reverse date order (newest at the bottom). If that's what you prefer, then this might work for you. (I've adapted to Quicken's default of newest transactions on top rather than bottom and find it preferable, but you can do it either way.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Or you can just quickly invoke the Status > Uncleared to see the uncleared transactions.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like if you reverse the sort of Clr column, it will put the uncleared transactions at the top and the dates in newest-at-the-top order. Hmmm, I may use this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.