Fidelity Dividends show on fidelity.com but are not appearing in Quicken

As the title says: Fidelity Dividends show on fidelity.com but are not appearing in Quicken. 6 transactions occurred on 3/31. OSU or updating transactions in just Fidelity do not bring them in. Emailed Fidelity and no reply yet.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Best Answer

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I reset DSTART on both accounts to 3/30/2021. OSU instantly grabbed the missing activity and both accounts are now perfect! Good news.

Question remains: Why did I have to do that? What went wrong?

Thanks.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have "Automatically add to Investment transactions lists" turned on?  EDIT, Preferences, "Downloaded transactions" and there's a checkbox for this.
    Do your shares amounts in Q agree with Fido's website?
    Are these securities held at Fidelity Investments (most retail accounts) or Fidelity NetBenefits (401k, 403b and the like)?
    Also, what Q product and what BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  At the same dialog, what displays as your "Valid Thru" date?
    BTW, I'm a Fidelity Investments customer also ... and I'm not having any issue with them.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    What release..... Help --> About Quicken
    Is your Fidelity acct a normal brokerage acct,
    or the retirement IRA, 
    or 401k version at Fidelity Net Benefits ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. Let me first say the 3/26 transactions came in that day. The 3/31's not yet. So that is a clue.

Neither automatically add is checked.

Reconciling shares do not match. Off by a little. Seems to be the dividends.

Brokerage account and IRA.

Quicken Home and Business R32.10 Build  27.1.32.10 valid through June 2022

This is starting to feel like deja vu, but unsure how this was solved previously or why happening again. Appreciate the help. Might have been you that solved it last time.

Thanks.

~Bob

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    What release..... Help --> About Quicken
    Is your Fidelity acct a normal brokerage acct,
    or the retirement IRA, 
    or 401k version at Fidelity Net Benefits ?
    See previous answer. Thanks!
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    BTW, cash also disagrees by the amount of the recent dividends / transactions.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Found two old message threads on similar. Need to reread those to see. I see now it is a Quicken issue for me, not Fidelity as they are showing the right cash and shares but Quicken has not downloaded them. Doubt it is a DSTART issue, but maybe. Lots to reread from over a year ago. And would love to know why the happens!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elaborate upon "cash also disagrees by the amount of the recent dividends".  Is it too high, or too low?
    And, do you reinvest these dividends, or leave them as cash?
    And, in your brokerage account (I assume this is a taxable account), do you "Show cash in a checking account"?

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Both the shares and cash in Quicken are lower than Fidelity by exactly the amounts of the 3/31 dividends and reinvestments.

I have forgotten where to check for cash as a checking account. I know I made a decision about that in the past due to recommendations here. And it was working perfectly!

I have a small emergency here right now. Please do not lose following this discussion. Hopefully back later tonight. Appreciate the help!

~Bob

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO, the 3/31 dividends apparently never downloaded, if I'm understanding correctly.
    SO, let's check the OFX Log which records the downloads into Q.
    Do HELP, Log Files, OFX Log.  Do a "Save As" to your desktop, and open with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word).
    Start at the bottom of the file (which is the most recent) and search UP for the word DIV.  The amount of the dividend should immediately follow it.  Did it find one of the missing dividends?

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    No occurrences of DIV in OFXlog at all.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the very top of the OFXLog.  What is the 1st date shown?  It will be in YYYYMMDD format.  Is it on, or before, 20210331?  If not, go back to Q and open the Old LOG after you open Log Files.
    Since Fidelity Investments supports ONLY Direct Connect, in which the Financial Institution is SOLELY responsible for the content of the download, if there's no DIV located in either log ... this is Fidelity's responsibility.  For Direct Connect, Q simply contacts the FI and says, in effect, "Send me what you've got".

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the continuing dialog. Just to emphasize, this worked as recently as the 3/26 dividends! Just not the 3/31's.

The first line of the ofxlog is:
    ***** SEND to https://ofxdc.wellsfargo.com/ofx/process.ofx at 14:23:17 on 20210312 *****

The first Fidelity line says: <!-- ***** SEND to https://ofx.fidelity.com/ftgw/OFX/clients/download at 19:28:23 on 20210312 ***** -->

Fidelity is Direct Connect

I do not have an "old.log"  I have a connection log old.

Now, any chance this could be a DSTART issue? No idea why it would just start if it is, but if no chance fro issues I could try setting that to 3/27.

Or other thoughts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I reset DSTART on both accounts to 3/30/2021. OSU instantly grabbed the missing activity and both accounts are now perfect! Good news.

Question remains: Why did I have to do that? What went wrong?

Thanks.
  • Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The same failure to download recent Fidelity dividends happened to me too. Changing the DSTART fixed it for me also.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know not just me Q97. Still wonder why this happens.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    HI Again.

Can I ask for your help once again?

Have not been able to download any of the 8/30 transactions of interest and dividends. Of course, first went to DSTART and set it for 8/29/2021, but no god. I can never recall how to fix these things or why I get them,. Would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

~Bob