Why doesn't the mobile app display "Reference" field on Credit Card Tranactions?

Options
fritzngertie
fritzngertie Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
When I use the mobile app to add transactions to a credit card account, the "Reference" field is NOT available to enter information. However, if I use the mobile app to add a transaction to my bank account the "Check Number" field IS displayed and will pass through to my desktop. Is there a way to customize Quicken so that the "Reference" field is available on Credit Card mobile transactions?

I am using Quicken for Windows and I update to the new version and updates as they become available, so I am at the current revision level.

Thanks for your help.

Don

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @splasher I think you misunderstood the question.  The question isn't about the "unique Id".

This is about these fields:

Evidentially on the Mobile App, the Check # shows in the the checking accounts, but in non checking accounts where you would expect to be able to use Reference # it doesn't show up.

To answer the question, there is very little customization in the Mobile App and this isn't one of the things that you can turn on/change.

I think you need to submit an Idea which is the way they take suggestions.
    Click on the this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fritzngertie
    fritzngertie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Chris, Thanks for your help. Don

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All transactions have the Reference field and it is always a downloaded piece of data that can not be manually entered since it is a financial institution generated number to uniquely identify the transaction to prevent duplicates.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @splasher I think you misunderstood the question.  The question isn't about the "unique Id".

This is about these fields:

Evidentially on the Mobile App, the Check # shows in the the checking accounts, but in non checking accounts where you would expect to be able to use Reference # it doesn't show up.

To answer the question, there is very little customization in the Mobile App and this isn't one of the things that you can turn on/change.

I think you need to submit an Idea which is the way they take suggestions.
    Click on the this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fritzngertie
    fritzngertie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Chris, Thanks for your help. Don
This discussion has been closed.