Market Value in CDN when US STOCK - HOW TO SHOW it?

Hi
I have a TSFA portfolio with some US Stock, i.e. apple in USD$.
I bought the shares in Canadian $ via canada broker (iTrade). Transaction was created with amount in CA$
When in the Porfolio view (Quicken Canadian edition 2020), the update price and Maket Value is shown in US$ and is not converting.
Therefore Gain/Loss is wrong. Base Cost is CA$ and market value is US$.
How can I have the Market Value converted to CA$ for a correct comparison?
Otherwise this does not make sense.
Thanks,

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You need 2 brokerage accounts, one in CAD and one in USD.  Q doesn't support mixing currencies in a single account for ANY type of account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Miguel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Is this account connected for transaction download or is the account maintained manually? The ability to add multiple currencies to one account is, unfortunately, not currently offered. To learn more please see the previous discussion here.

At any point were you able to display this information correctly or is this a newer account?  The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You need 2 brokerage accounts, one in CAD and one in USD.  Q doesn't support mixing currencies in a single account for ANY type of account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Miguel
    Miguel Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your answer. I guess, I'll have to create two TFSA account then for US and CAD. Hoping tan in future release this is included. though. Thanks !
This discussion has been closed.