Why did sync stop last year after syncing well between Quicken and Quicken Mobile for a few years?

I synced easily between Windows Quicken and Quicken mobile for a few years. Then Mobile to Windows upload sync stopped at or near the end of November 2020. Why? What do I need to do to get the sync working again?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Freezing Trout

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Please let me know if this successfully syncs or if you receive any sync error messages.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka,

Thank you for trying to help me. I reset the Quicken Cloud. I signed out of my Quicken Mobile account on my phone and signed back in. The Banking & Credit category balances and the Property & Debt category balances seem to be synced, but there is no transaction data. When I go to enter a transaction I don't have any sync with payees on my desktop account.

I also get some messages:
    First, I get a message that I have accounts in different currencies. But I do not. The message goes on to say that Quicken is aware of the issue and is working to fix it, so I hope this will be resolved in the future.
    Second, I get a message that an account with a former bank was not synced. I don't care, but how do I turn off this message?
    Third, I get a message that there was no sync with three accounts from my former bank. Again, I don't care, but how do I turn off this message?

Thank you again for trying to help me. I hope I get these issues resolved. I am not close yet.

John
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Freezing Trout

Thanks for letting us know you're still having issues. I'm wondering if we may need to completely resync the data file to the cloud. That may be able to solve the issue you're having not being able to sync. We were having issues on the specific day you were having issues but you've been having issues prior to this so I'll leave the steps down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know if you're able to get it up and running.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken Francisco,

Thank you for trying to help me. The link that you sent me, however, did not tell me how to completely resync my data file to the cloud. In fact, it included the following note:

Note: You cannot delete the dataset that is currently open.

Could you please send me a link to an article that tells me how to completely resync my data file to the cloud? Thank you very much.

@Freezing Trout
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Francisco,

Thank you for trying to help me. The link that you sent me, however, did not tell me how to completely resync my data file to the cloud. In fact, it included the following note:

Note: You cannot delete the dataset that is currently open.

Could you please send me a link to an article that tells me how to completely resync my data file to the cloud? Thank you very much.

@Freezing Trout
    The article that @Quicken Francisco referenced above is missing some crucial steps.  You can't delete a cloud data set from the same data file you are in.  You have to create a new data file, and it has to have sync to Mobile/Web on.  In that data file you can follow the article to delete the cloud data set for the original Desktop data file.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW,

Thanks for trying to help me. This whole process is too troublesome. I was using Quicken Mobile when it was a helpful convenience. Now it no longer convenient or helpful. I will stop using it.

Thanks to all.

@Freezing Trout
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Now it no longer convenient or helpful. I will stop using it.

Actually given all the problems I have seen with syncing to Mobile/Web over the years, especially recently that is actually my recommendation, don't use it.  It isn't worth the trouble it causes.  In fact if the only problems you have with it are on the Mobile/Web side you should consider yourself lucky.  Other have had their Desktop data file trashed by it.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  There are certain operations that you will see recommended all the time for Quicken.
    1. Reset Express Web Connect connection.
    2. Reset cloud data.
    3. Delete cloud data.
    4. Restore from backup.
    5. Sign out and back in.
    6. Validate and Repair.
    To me these are all like the old "Reboot Windows".  As in you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that nothing has really fixed the original problem.  These steps are only to try to "recover" from the "real problem", which has never been addressed.

If these are a once in many years occurrence I place in "well things happen" kind of category.  But when I see a large percentage of posts where the recommendation is one of these you know that you are dealing with systematic problems that have never been addressed.

In the case of syncing to the cloud, I have a long memory.
    As in I remember when it came out in October 2014 (for Quicken 2015) till about February a large percentage of the people that tried it, got their data files trashed.  Then it when down to "a few" here and there.

Over the years it has gone up and down depending mostly on if they were adding/changing features.
    So that is one reason it has changed, and I think the other is the recent change over for Express Web Connect to QCS.
    You can read about that here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.