which fidelity institution is fidelity investments when adding an account?

When you add an account you type in the name and a list of possible institutions comes up from which you choose the one you want to download from. There are many Fidelity institutions and I can't determine which one is Fidelity Investments.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You appear to be missing brokerages. Are you using Quicken Starter Edition? If so, you'll need to upgrade to Deluxe to track investments.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hi tigerpaws,
    I would think it would be one of the first selections listed as : Fidelity Investments. You can just put "fidelity" in the search box. 
    Did you give it a try? 
    Let us know if you need further information. 

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I try to add a Fidelity Account to Quicken and type in "Fide" I see  "Best results" title and an "Other results" title in the list of financial institutions with "Fidelity" in their name and the second item listed under Best results is "Fidelity Investments."  I'd expect that's the one to pick.
  • tigerpaws
    tigerpaws Member
    I have no doubt you are correct, however what I have to figure out is why the "Best Results" don't show on my screen. All I can see is "Other Results". I would include a screen shot but I don't see any way of attaching it.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hmmmmm,
    Not sure why the "Best Results" aren't showing. Here's where you attach files. Does this show on your page? 
    Silly question, but you are selecting "Connected Account" on the Add Account page? 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • tigerpaws
    tigerpaws Member
    Yes, I have selected "Connected Account". The typing tools you show are not on my screen, as well (just a stupid emoji button). I am doing this through my browser, I wonder if it would work better through the app?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tigerpaws Are you on a desktop computer, or a mobile device?  If desktop, what the screen resolution and font size being used?
    I'm working on the theory that there's simply too much info, given your Win display settings, to be shown.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tigerpaws
    tigerpaws Member
    I'm on a laptop, screen resolution = 1366x768, font size = medium. Your theory might have something to do with the typing tools not being available but I can't believe it would have anything to do with incomplete search results. I switched browsers from Edge to Chrome-no change, Changed the font size from Medium to very small-no change. I tried to post a frustrated emoji but I couldn't???
  • tigerpaws
    tigerpaws Member
    Correction-I am using the Quicken app.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    tigerpaws said:
    The typing tools you show are not on my screen, as well (just a stupid emoji button). I am doing this through my browser, I wonder if it would work better through the app?
    This forum is stingy with privileges for new users. You have to "earn" points to get more tools. While you are at one-star level, the only way to attach images is to drag image files directly into the forum's text box, the same one you type responses into.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• tigerpaws
    tigerpaws Member
    Ok, thanks to Rocket we have solved the typing tools problem. I have attached 3 screen shots: quicken1=I have connected account selected, quicken2=Fidelity typed in and no "Best Results" displayed, quicken3=Fidelity In typed in and no results at all. Any other thoughts?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓
    You appear to be missing brokerages. Are you using Quicken Starter Edition? If so, you'll need to upgrade to Deluxe to track investments.

This discussion has been closed.