Recover deleted transactions by error (Q Mac)

acetoro
acetoro Member ✭✭
Hi: I had downloaded investment transactions-QFX file from my broker's site and imported but did not reconcile. But after few days, I deleted some transactions by accident/error. Now when I tried again to import QFX file, it won't update my account. How can I fix this issue? I don't want to enter manually as there are lots of transactions for buy/sell orders. Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @acetoro

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That's a bit odd it won't let you update now I'm wondering here if we might be able to load up a backup to see if that might help with the issue we're having. To try this I'll leave an article down below on how to do so. I would also recommend making this a copy when you're loading the backup.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've tried this out let us know if you have a similar issue when importing as well. From there we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @acetero  Every transaction you download contains a hidden transaction ID number -- the FITID. Quicken stores these numbers specifically to prevent re-importing of the same transaction more than once. If you manually delete a transaction, Quicken assumes you did it on purpose, and it won't re-download the transactions again. (If it didn't work this way, any transaction you deleted would immediately come back the next time you downloaded.)

So the bottom line is that there is no way to re-download transactions you manually deleted. Your options are:
    • Revert to a backup file prior to when you deleted the transactions, or
    • Manually re-enter the transactions
    Either of those will get you back up and running; depending how many transactions there were and how long ago it was will guide you which approach would be the least amount of work.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.