CC-592 - Unable to setup Automatic Downloads with LPL Financial

I'm unable to setup automatic downloads with LPL Financial. I keep getting a CC-592 error message. I am on LPL's new platform. LPL says that this is not their issue and that they only support manual transaction download via their site. Quicken says that they are able to work with automatic downloads. My info I enter is correct but there seems to be a bigger issue. Is there any known issues with LPL & Quicken?

Answers

• Ed_Lindsey
    Ed_Lindsey Member
    I have the same issue.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the bank or brokerage you're trying to connect to?
    AFAIK, to download with One Step Update (OSU) from within Quicken, the brokerage must support Direct Connect. I don't see that listed in their profile.
    That means, the only way to download security transactions from them is by way of manually logging into their website and locating the appropriate QFX file download process, then importing the file into Quicken.
    If you want OSU support, LPL must add the necessary support software and hardware. It's up to them to decide whether they want to do that or not. A nicely worded letter to their upper management might help to get the ball rolling.
  • Ed_Lindsey
    Ed_Lindsey Member
    Yes, that's the one.
  • QknUser8472
    QknUser8472 Member ✭✭
    "> @UKR said:
    > Is this the bank or brokerage you're trying to connect to?* 11372    11372    11372    LPL Financial    http://www.lpl.com    1-800-877-7210    https://myaccountviewonline.com/AccountView/LogOn    ACTIVE         INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT         INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
    >
    > AFAIK, to download with One Step Update (OSU) from within Quicken, the brokerage must support Direct Connect. I don't see that listed in their profile.
    > That means, the only way to download security transactions from them is by way of manually logging into their website and locating the appropriate QFX file download process, then importing the file into Quicken.If you want OSU support, LPL must add the necessary support software and hardware. It's up to them to decide whether they want to do that or not. A nicely worded letter to their upper management might help to get the ball rolling."

While I don't disagree that the most likely reason is that LPL doesn't actually support automatic downloads, especially given that they've told me so via their tech support. It does not explain why Quicken acts like it's possible, especially by telling me an improved connection type is available for their accounts. Shouldn't quicken make it clear what connection type is actually supported?
  • QknUser8472
    QknUser8472 Member ✭✭
    "> @UKR said:
    > Is this the bank or brokerage you're trying to connect to?* 11372    11372    11372    LPL Financial    http://www.lpl.com    1-800-877-7210    https://myaccountviewonline.com/AccountView/LogOn    ACTIVE         INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT         INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
    >
    > AFAIK, to download with One Step Update (OSU) from within Quicken, the brokerage must support Direct Connect. I don't see that listed in their profile.
    > That means, the only way to download security transactions from them is by way of manually logging into their website and locating the appropriate QFX file download process, then importing the file into Quicken.If you want OSU support, LPL must add the necessary support software and hardware. It's up to them to decide whether they want to do that or not. A nicely worded letter to their upper management might help to get the ball rolling."

While I don't disagree that this is the case, especially given that their tech support said the same thing. It is an issue that Quicken not only doesn't tell you that but they indicate that it is available as an option by stating that an improved connection type is supported by the financial institution. Quicken should make it very clear that this is not something that actually supports an improved connection type.
  • mdj123
    mdj123 Member
    I was able to access LPL for longest time with a semi-automated process (sorry don't remember the Quicken lingo) where Quicken would at least log me into LPL and then I would manually select the quicken file for download. Once LPL changed their login page a year or so ago, that no longer works. I now get some form of an xml error page. I can still manually log into LPL and download the file, but the original download process from LPL no longer works and then, as mentioned above, Quicken tells me that LPL supports a better method, but trying to enable that doesn't work either.
  • mikek
    mikek Member
    It's now almost 2022. Quicken still tells me that LPL offers a better connection method but can't login to their site. When I login directly they (LPL) don't even offer a qfx download. Has there been no progress on this issue? I haven't been able to get an update from PNC for over a year but at least they offer a qfx export. Is there an issue between Quicken and LPL?
  • QknUser8472
    QknUser8472 Member ✭✭
    Yeah, LPL isn't a great software interface and the new version they went to this year was absolutely horrendous. Their support was even worse. I ended up moving back to the previous financial institution I've used in the past - a much larger company with far superior technical support and Quicken Integration.
  • Hello all, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the trouble. 

When I looked into the error that you are all receiving, it refers to the financial institution as having an unsupported MFA protocol. Here is a link to a Knowledge Base article that explains it more. 

Also, when I try connecting to LPL in my own Quicken, I get the following message; "CC-592 Quicken cannot connect to your accounts as they are set up at LPL Financial. You need to contact LPL Financial to correct this issue. (Tell them you received message CC-592.)"

So this financial institution is on the list in your software because it is supported by both Quicken and LPL. It seems to me that somewhere along the line changes took place that have, in turn, caused the issue. The article I linked above does give a few suggestions of things you can try to resolve this. Unfortunately, if those suggestions do not work, you will need to contact LPL for further assistance. 

Do let us know if you have any more questions or concerns and we will be happy to answer those the best we can.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.