Incorrect online bank balance

Options
My online balance is showing a negative number that is exactly = to what the positive number should be.  i.e., my bank balance is $10,000, but Quicken is showing it as -10,000.
I have tried resetting the account, and deactivating and reactivating the account.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Bob Lerman

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. What FI is this are we having issues with? Was it working previously but has now flipped? What type of account is it as well?

I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Bob Lerman
    Bob Lerman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Francisco,
    Thank you for your response.
    The FI is Webster Bank, it is a checking account. Yes, it was working previously and has flipped.
    I did the test file as you suggested, and added the Webster account. What happened is that the account shows the negative balance, both in the online balance, as well as in the ending balance in Quicken.
    ?????

Bob
  • Bob Lerman
    Bob Lerman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I neglected to mention in my original post that in my regular Quicken file, while the "online balance" shown in my Quicken register is a negative number, the "ending balance" shown in my register is correct.
    Also, this problem does not show in any of my other accounts in this file.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Bob Lerman

Thanks for letting us know. Since you were able to replicate the issue in a test file we'll want to contact  Quicken Support so that we're able to collect logs to figure out exactly what's causing the issue. If we're able to find an issue in the log so that we're able to get the issue escalated.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT