Credit Card Utilization Displayed In Account Summary Report (+5 Merged Votes)

Options
wood.brandon88
wood.brandon88 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports

Is it possible to display calculation of Credit Card utilization percentages in the Account Summary report based on the Current Balance to Credit Limit ratio?

14 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Each credit card account can display the remaining credit or credit limit at the top right of the register:

It would be great if this would also display at the Credit Card group level (as long as all cards had their limits entered). It would also be great if the percentage utilization were displayed here for each card and at the group level.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    For credit card accounts, add the ability to see credit utilization ratio and interest rate in the account header.  Or create a report with this info.  This info would be extremely helpful when trying to determine where to throw extra money each month.
  • J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    For credit card accounts, add the ability to see credit utilization ratio and interest rate in the account header.  Or create a report with this info.  This info would be extremely helpful when trying to determine where to throw extra money each month.
  • sid7hartha
    sid7hartha Member ✭✭
    Options
    I feel like there are a few similar requests, especially around credit utilization percentage in reports. This may be a more popular request that each individual post suggests. "Home" has a "Credit Card Utilization," but the percentage, which is perhaps the most important aspect, is missing. When "utilization" is considered for credit worthiness, the percentage is what matters.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @sid7hartha There is one other Idea post I see regarding credit card utilization. [EDIT: Your post has now been merged into that one by a moderator, and the vote count has been updated to reflect this merge.]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • majorgear
    majorgear Member ✭✭
    Options

I love this idea. Right now, I’m calculating my credit utilization history too see what my max percentage is.

Why? So I know if I either need to calm down my spending or get more credit to keep the pct utilization below 30% .

I pay my balances off in full each month, so this is effort is to protect my credit score from dropping.

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

My workaround for this shortcoming is to copy/paste the accounts summary report into a spreadsheet that calculates CC Utilization percentage for each account and a total CC Utilization for all accounts.

• foldingpaper42
    foldingpaper42 Member
    edited January 9
    Options

It would be great to easily see what the credit card line and available credit after balance is for each credit card account. In addition to see the percentage of the total line the current balance is using would be helpful for those trying to improve their credit score. Also a easy to view current interest rate ( including special rate expiration date such as 0% or 2% cash back ) for each card which will help plan spending.

Perhaps in the home dashboard we can see a overall credit used vs the line available for all credit cards along with the total credit card utilization percentage.

Having a report that detailed the card account info such as account number, credit line available, credit utilization, interest rates, promotional rates, cash back percentage.

I see a debt reduction planner like we see in the windows version is already planned. Allot of the information needed for that functionality would be used for this feature too. Hopefully we can see this tie together.

Thank you.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @foldingpaper42,

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.