Two (out of 4) of my credit card registers are reducing my balance with each charge. Why?

I have four of my credit card registers set up where I retrieve the transactions. About a week ago, two of them are now reducing my balance with each charge, rather than increasing my balance. One of the ones affected is a Chase Visa and one is a Citibank Visa, but the other two that are working correctly are also Chase.

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    See this thread, https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891021/discover-card-transactions-are-backward , it is about the same thing, you are either missing some charges pr have extra incorrect payments.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, when you initially set up the account you used a  positive amount rather than a negative amount.
    Usually (unless you've over-paid on the account) the Balance column in a credit card account should be RED

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• artyceb
    artyceb Member
    Thanks for the response! I went back through all of the transactions and found that a payment had been entered twice on one of the accounts and on the other, for some reason I was missing one statement's worth of charges, so once I got those entered, it all worked out - thanks!