Will the Update Online Accts function still work after my subscription expires?

KenC
KenC Member ✭✭
I don't use any of the fancy features like Bill Pay, Budgets. I only retrieve transactions from banks and institutions that Quicken Deluxe can link to. I click the Circular Arrow icon in the upper left. I have nine accounts from four institutions that provide online banking. Half are Quicken Connect, half are Direct Connect. My other 18 "accounts" in Quicken Deluxe v6.1 are manual everything.

So after my Quicken subscription ends, will that update button still work?

The annual fee (subscription) is otherwise an exorbitant cost increase from the previous stand-alone version for such basic online transaction retrieval.

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    NO.  After your subscription expires, ALL online activity ceases to work.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    And "all online activity" includes the ability to download a transaction file from your bank's website and import it into Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • KenC
    KenC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    [Removed - Rant]

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    NO.  After your subscription expires, ALL online activity ceases to work.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    And "all online activity" includes the ability to download a transaction file from your bank's website and import it into Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • KenC
    KenC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    [Removed - Rant]
  • taihuapp
    taihuapp Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    [Removed-No Soliciting]
  • taihuapp
    taihuapp Member ✭✭
    This is ridiculous. I was giving some useful information to help a fellow quicken user. There is nothing to sell here.
  • KenC
    KenC Member ✭✭
    Seems this place is a tightly controlled marketing venue of Intuit / Quicken. Even suggestion or request of reduce price is considered "rant" yeah right. Next thing is a complete censor of the entire discussion. LOL
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @taihuapp  I'm just a fellow user and don't speak for Quicken, but I'd just note that Quicken spends a ton of money to provide this site as a free resource for its customers, so they get to make the rules. One of their rules: no discussion of competing products. Since you were recommending a free alternative to Quicken for the user to consider instead of Quicken, thereby cutting Quicken's revenue, that falls in an area they just don't allow on this site. 

@KenC  This isn't a marketing site for Quicken; Quicken.com is that. It's a site geared for users to help fellow users with Quicken problems and questions, and attacks on the company aren't tolerated. There's some room for some criticism of the company, the program, or company policies, but as soon as someone uses what a moderator perceives as too strong language, they yank it. (I recall seeing your posts, in which you said a certain part of your anatomy was being squeezed by Quicken, and thinking "that'll probably get edited out." LOL)  In my experience, if you can turn frustration into a positive suggestion, even if it's for something like a 'Quicken Basic' for less money, it would stand.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • taihuapp
    taihuapp Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Well, I searched through Quicken Community Guidelines (Here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7847546/quicken-community-guidelines) and didn't find any mention about 'discussion of competing products'. So I'm not sure where I broke the guild lines.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @taihuapp  Yup, you're right; the guidelines don't explicitly mention references to competing products. I can only tell you as an observer here for a long time that recommendations for users to switch away from Quicken to another product are typically removed. What can I say… You can't fight City Hall. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.