Why is Account List Reorder action so painfully slow?

Gary
Gary Member ✭✭✭
After adding several new accounts, they went to the bottom of my account list. I want them to be at the top of the list. However, when trying to move each account to the top of the list (using gear icon->Account List->"order" icon with up and down arrows), I can only move the account one location slot at a time, and it takes 15 - 20 seconds per move. I've got a couple dozen accounts to move over, so it is taking FOREVER!. While waiting I get to stare at the hour glass icon repeatedly flashing on and off.

This feature used to work fine without any speed issues. What's going on? 
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by taking a moment to review the support article here.

If the trouble persists, I would next recommend creating a test file. A new file can be created under File > New Quicken File.

If there are also performance issues in this new empty file, this could point to an issue with the application itself or something on the computer. However, if the file performance and speed improve, this points to the issue being isolated to the file itself.

I hope this helps, please let me know the results of the test file!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there an option to sort the accounts alphabetically?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    mshiggins said:
    Isn't there an option to sort the accounts alphabetically?

Yes there is.  From the Account List -> Options -> Alphabetize accounts
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.