Ability to sort Community posts by Window or Mac

I started just going through posts and reading for the sake of education. My question is this, how do I sort the Community posts to display only posts for (Windows) or fot (Mac)?  It would be really convenient for me to sort out the (Mac) posts since they don't apply to me. Surly there's a way!?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Before this latest update to the forum, we used to be able to filter by category when doing a search. That is gone now, but the mod team has indicated that all the previous filtering features will be returning within a month or so.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to filter by Category, but rather by whether the post relates to (Windows) preferably or by (Mac)
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are a couple other ways to do this. 

1. Click Categories at the top, then Quicken for Windows. But you have to choose a subcategory to look at though.

2. On that same page, click Windows under Popular Tags. But this will only catch posts that are tagged.

I don't know a way to see ALL Windows topics in one list that mixes the subcategories. Perhaps someone else does. 

BTW, the filter by category functionality in search is there in fact. You have to click discussions at the top of the advanced search to see it. So, if you have a search term in mind, you can use this to filter only Windows topics: 

a. Enter your search term in the search box and click Search.
    b. Click Discussion at the top
    c. Enter "Quicken for Windows" in the Category box at the right
    d. Checkmark Search Subcategories
    e. Optionally change Best Match to Newest
    f. Click Filter
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do it, but it takes a fair amount of setup. Each lowest-level category has the option to follow or unfollow, under the 3-dot menu. Follow the ones you are interested in and leave the rest unfollowed.
    Then on the home page of the forum, choose only to see topics you're following.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's valuable to be able to sit down and just read through the posts in community from current to oldest, but that list shows Mac and Windows combined and I don't know why they aren't completely separate as they are both in and of their own. If they could make it easier for their customers to just look through all the Windows posts if they use windows, maybe customers could find answers to some of the idiosyncrasies they've encountered, they'd be happier with quicken, without having to post a question that may have been answered already, thus freeing up moderator and super user resources. NOTHING but GOOD in doing that.
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It should be the first filter to select "Windows or Mac!
This discussion has been closed.