American Express not downloading transactions

Since March 24 I have been unable to download transactions from American Express. Error message is FI Website Unavailable. Circuit is broken for 1002 due to URL.
It seems like a week is a long time not to be able to download my transactions.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Anne L Klonsky

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. You can do so by going across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. From there try adding your accounts to the test file and see if you're able to connect.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Anne L Klonsky
    Anne L Klonsky Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco. It seems to have fixed itself. I tried one more time to download before creating the test file. And finally the transactions downloaded. I guess all I had to do was to reach out to you. :)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Anne L Klonsky

Glad to hear it's working for you now! If you do run into the issue again please let us know so that we can take a look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Anne,

If you are not connecting with Direct Connect to Amex (you are using Quicken Connect), then you should switch to D/C. It is free and much more reliable for Amex. That should end this type of problem.

Choosing Direct Connect
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.