Comic of the Day

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in The Water Cooler

"Financial Planning"

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My account rep, at Fidelity  constantly want's be to sell some of my bank stock (1/3 of the portfolio) and spread that money out into other investments.
    And them I point out that over pretty much any time period that you choose, my returns are beating the S&P by a tidy margin. So she changes the topic.
    She's useful for letting me know about new Fido products, and on those rare occasions when I need account type help, but not so much so for investment advice.
    BTW, before I switched over to systems, I managed a $100,000,000 PER DAY, money market trading operation and I held a Series 7 license.   So I know what I'm doing in the investment field.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What always gets me about "TV Financial Planners" is that people somehow believe that the advice given to millions of people is "right for them".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    What always gets me about "TV Financial Planners" is that people somehow believe that the advice given to millions of people is "right for them".

Well, it's "right" for Dave Ramsey who lives in a VERY large mansion in one of the suburbs of my city.  Don't see many of his clients living there.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of diversification is not to beat the S&P. It's to reduce risk.
    Wells Fargo is a criminal company and if they ever get properly punished and their stock drops to nothing, you'll wish you had listened to Miss Fido.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it reminds me of the way to get rich in fixing up houses, convince people that you know what you are doing, and sell them your "method".  Even better get yourself on TV.  Susan Orman seems to be doing quite well with that method.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides my WF stock, I own 13 WELL DIVERSIFIED Fido mutual funds in that same account.
    When the fake account scandal broke, WF stock dropped to the $8 range.  It's currently at $33.62 and those miscreant individuals have all been fired.  It's INDIVIDUALS who are criminal ... not the company.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrast with PG&E. The company itself is a convicted felon, yet none of its staff went to jail.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe that the WF executives were jailed either ... but they each experienced HUGE "clawbacks" of prior salary and bonuses.  Such as the ENTIRE bonus for several years and a chunk of salary.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the Boglehead forum - and Vanguard cult followers -
    Fred Schweds Where are the Customers Yachts A modern-day interpretation of an investment classic

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.